Anybody Here Have a Pizza Oven

I have been making pizza (mostly margherita) at home for a long time but am not a big fan of the results I get in my oven. I was looking at building one myself, but an all brick oven would not travel well as I am planning to move in about a year.

I was looking at small portable ones and then stumbled on the Pizza Party oven, looks great and seems to perform very well. It can be ordered in both gas and wood fired configuration, although wood would be my choice, maybe gas can be handy for a quick pizza. Temps can reach 800-900 degrees F and make a pie in about 90 seconds. 

Anybody here have a pizza oven? Do you use it a lot? Any tips on what you would have done differently?

outdoor-wood-fired-oven-mobile.thumb.jpg.ee9c096479fcdaa92a3c1562e9cc2b0b.jpg

9 minutes ago, Wertman said:

How much?  Brand new or used?

it's about $1,000 for the regular size one with biscotto saputo tiles and an extra $200 for shipping from Italy. The larger one comes out to $1,550 plus shipping. 

Would love to find one used around my way. 

• Like 1

I actually have a roccbox and love it.  Also ooni is coming out with a portable pizza oven it’s actually only like 300 dollars or something.  I like the bigger pizza oven idea but the roccbox is really low maintence and great for making family meals.

• Like 1

Ooni 3 is £199, the best kitchen gadget I've ever bought. Not gone to gas as I love the real flame but it takes some mastering. Ooni Facebook is all you need for resources

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaptainQuintero said:

Damn, consider my interest peaked! 

What's the risk to waistline/value for money ratio?

Depends on whether you are comfortable buying new pants every 2 months, or have resigned yourself to wearing elastic waistband pants? :P

• Haha 1

Damn, consider my interest peaked! 
  What's the risk to waistline/value for money ratio?
We're in the UK capt... Never enough good weather too worry about

• Haha 1

Here's the app. I've spent years trying to find the best recipe, this app delivers perfect dough every time. I've found best results at 72 hr cold proof and half a day bringing it back up to temp

https://www.google.com/search?q=pizzapp%2B&oq=pizzapp%2B&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3.4610j1j7&client=ms-android-google&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

About a year ago, I started watching some videos on Youtube from Vito Iacopelli (His YouTube Channel) and just started from there. I had been making pizza for years before that, but my technique got a lot better after I started watching this. Next thing I want to try is to start my dough with biga, it's a drier flour, water, yeast mixture that ferments for 24 hours, then you make your dough (use about 10-20%) with it instead of the yeast (like sourdough). It produces gluten like you would not believe! 

Right now I am at a plateau, I have a contraption (crazy setup I made to get decent results in the oven) that I use, but I need to get an oven to really get my pizza game to the next level. 

What I like the most about pizza is that it's very basic ingredients, but if they are high quality and the technique is good, you can make some truly outstanding pies

It’s a black stone griddle that I use as well that was the bottom.  You should post more about this dough and your recipe just for others to try.  Vito is awesome I watch him too.  That’s what got me going.  I was going for a pizza party but got a 20% off coupon from William Sonoma so my roccbox was only 400.  Which is a steal in my opinion.  I just love it

I've been researching backyard pizza ovens for a few months and was thinking about getting the Roccbox until Ooni came out with the the Koda.  I figure for $300 (half the price of the Roccbox) it would be good starter oven.  Once I see if we will use it and enjoy it I will get Pizza Party down the road and keep the Ooni Koda to travel with while visiting family and friends. I'm actually getting it for my wife for our anniversary in June.  She's been wanting one for awhile now so it's a win win for me.  She'll be happy and I'll get to eat a lot of pizza! 

• Like 1

If you have the space and are a diy fan, I recommend making one.  Clay, fire brick, some basic ventalation understanding, and you can have a big one in your yard.  If you build it on a palate (wood if separated, aluminum if close) you could have it moved with a forklift when you move.

Or experiment with super cheap design and materials, it's good enough for a year.  Then when you move abandon it then hone in your skills at the new spot with a more experienced build.

Whatever you do please post updates

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 3:36 PM, Lomey said:

Ordered the Ooni Koda and should arrive next week. I'll update with pics when it arrives.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I have also, should be here next day or so. It is well rated. TBD.