Interview with Arnaldo Bichot Partagas Blender

What a great read. So nothing is written down? That is seriously amazing to me. This is a true art form, and just one process of many that brings together what we all so much enjoy. I regret not going to one of the factories to take a tour or a finca either. Next time it is definitely on the to-do list. 

• Like 2

Yay!  This is awesome.  ?

Is there anything to the rumor that after the revolution production of the brands was to be temporarily replaced by a single brand called Siboney?

No, the brands were continued.

Haha.  I'm so sick of this stupid generic question and I like that Sr. Bichot basically throws it into the wind in one breath.

4 hours ago, Derboesekoenig said:

What a great read. So nothing is written down? That is seriously amazing to me. This is a true art form, and just one process of many that brings together what we all so much enjoy. I regret not going to one of the factories to take a tour or a finca either. Next time it is definitely on the to-do list. 

I don't think he meant nothing is written down.  I think he just meant that the actual selection of the tobaccos to meet the criteria of a blend requires hands on knowledge and practice beyond the basic recipe (what is written down).  But I don't know.  Surely somewhere there are notes for each blend.

That was an excellent read, thanks @rabidraccoon!

• Like 2