for rugby fans, remember the giant french lock, sebastien chabals. his new career

Ken Gargett

1 hour ago, 99call said:

Ha,  not against Jerry Collins he couldn't.........mind you JC would pretty much crush everything that moved.

it isn't bad but it is hardly earthshattering. you'd see 30 of those in any game of league these days. 

always liked collins. massive broncos fan (wish he'd come across). was in orcland for a bledisloe years back with halliday and a few of the wine guys.  in a bar at the harbour after the game (yes, we lost, of course) and in walked jerry by himself. not one kiwi would go near him - like he had a force field. i think they were all in awe. so halliday and i walked up and he was just so happy someone would chat to him. really nice guy. yacked away. when i mentioned that i'd heard he was a broncs fan, could not shut him up. 

such a tragedy he was lost so young. 

1 minute ago, Ken Gargett said:

it isn't bad but it is hardly earthshattering. you'd see 30 of those in any game of league these days. 

always liked collins. massive broncos fan (wish he'd come across). was in orcland for a bledisloe years back with halliday and a few of the wine guys.  in a bar at the harbour after the game (yes, we lost, of course) and in walked jerry by himself. not one kiwi would go near him - like he had a force field. i think they were all in awe. so halliday and i walked up and he was just so happy someone would chat to him. really nice guy. yacked away. when i mentioned that i'd heard he was a broncs fan, could not shut him up. 

such a tragedy he was lost so young. 

Great story Ken....would of loved to have met him, although i'm not sure what mumbling nonsense I would of come up with. 

Yep I know it wasn't one of his best, I just remember that game being hyped up, Like Chabal was going to smash the gain line, and he got nada!

We were lucky to get Jerry Collins to the Ospreys (past his best, but thats still other mortal humans 100%).    

Yep it's was horrible to hear of his passing.  for such a war horse like that, you felt it only right that he deserved a long happy retirement....just terrible.