Beginner's Corner: A rough guide to brand flavours

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The recent thread by @Tollickd asking about cigar suggestions brought up an idea of putting together a very rough list of flavours that each brand/marca usually aims for. This is tastes though so reme

Thank you for the kind words all, I remember seeing something similar when I first got started and it helped so hopefully it's an ok stepping stone  It depends what you're after really. I know

I've found that length is generally the thing which determines time until you get into Double Corona territory. Eg a Corona and Robusto roughly take me about the same time. A Double Robusto is roughly

I like it! Thanks......I will use this for reference for future purchases. 

37 minutes ago, Tollickd said:

Amazing thank you so much! One question what cigars are longest to smoke? Long with smaller ring gauge or large ring gauge smaller length?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've found that length is generally the thing which determines time until you get into Double Corona territory. Eg a Corona and Robusto roughly take me about the same time. A Double Robusto is roughly about the same as a Lancero etc. Thickness does play a part though, eg if there's two 6 inch cigars and one is 42rg and the other is 55rg then the thicker one will take me longer. Maybe by a third?

But I smoke very slowly, everyone is different

• Like 4

Thank you so much for this! I have a box of RASS coming tomorrow and I’m going to see if I can pick out the plum/Christmas pudding flavor. Last summer I was fortunate enough to work in Europe for a few weeks and the RASS blew me away. I just picked out the “big” flavors like fruity sweetness, spice, and floral (probably mostly from the aroma).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brilliant! Key takeaway for me is to give Trinidads another go. Only ones I’ve had were a bit muted and didn’t pick up much (only had a few reyes)  so I didn’t get the fuss. But the flavour profile sounds like something I would love. Perhaps a Fundy next.