Boveda Butler

I just ordered a handful yesterday; five for $86 shipped, cant say no to the price. 

Would have bought more but they advertise max of five connecting to the app at once.

When they land and are in use, I'll report back. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mgcrunch said:

I just ordered a handful yesterday; five for $86 shipped, cant say no to the price. 

Would have bought more but they advertise max of five connecting to the app at once.

That would be awesome because I have been curious about the Boveda Butler myself as an economic solution to the Sensor Push which I am still iffy on.

I have two , one in my desktop and one in my wineador. Had them about 6 months, so far so good, seems to be accurate, they match my digital hygrometers. It does take up to a minute to connect to the app, but that might be because of having a older iPhone 6s . Really nice not to have to open the humidor to check humidity and temperature. Also you can link it to an old phone or tablet and check remote through WiFi.

I recently picked up 3 and they seem to be pretty good.

If you do decide to pick some up, I'd suggest you continue to run with your digital Hygrometers in parallel when starting off though so you have something to compare the reading to.

I started off using the auto calibration feature (i.e. using the 75% it gives you) but found that some of them started to get wonky against my 65% setup afterwards. So, I manually calibrated it against the 65% for 24/48 hours instead and that seemed to produce more consistent and accurate results.

One of mine may be faulty as I had to manually calibrate it to -6.7 for it to measure properly while the other ones seems to be at around +.7 and +1.7 respectively. If it wasn't for my existing hygrometer remaining stable, I would have thought my Tupperdor was running like 5% higher than the stated Boveda packs after using the auto calibration wizard. 

Your results might be better but just something to keep in mind. Otherwise, they are great units - especially if you have a humidor that doesn't display any readings externally.

I have a couple and for the most part they work well.  I keep my old units in there as well, just to verify/  Takes a while to load sometimes, biggest complaint is it's bluetooth only - if you're not home you can't check the readings.

On 1/27/2019 at 12:16 AM, mgcrunch said:

Where were you able to get them at that price? I ask because i was looking to get a couple and that is a great price to get them at.

I received one for Christmas and think it's a great product - especially for the price.  So far so good.  (I also gifted one to my brother-in-law to monitor his wine cellar, which I think is a good application as well)

4 hours ago, PabloJr said:

Where were you able to get them at that price? I ask because i was looking to get a couple and that is a great price to get them at.

Famous smoke, using coupon code catsrule for 17% off, min $50. they charge shipping, but still works out cheaper than anywhere else.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mgcrunch said:

Famous smoke, using coupon code catsrule for 17% off, min $50. they charge shipping, but still works out cheaper than anywhere else.

Just searched everywhere on their site, cant find them anywhere!  Must have sold out

Just now, hunterbeav said:

I bought the 75 calibration pack and the 32 calibration pack on Amazon. When you go to calibrate the sensor it will ask you one stage or 2 stage.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Gotcha, I didnt realize they made a 32% packet.  That makes it much easier!  I thought there might be some trick like the salt test where you stick it in the freezer or something lol