the joys of summer...

let's leave aside the heat and humidity and rampant gardens, at least we used to have cricket. now that is still swirling in the septic as well. 

but the least enjoyable thing over the last few years has been the venomous tennis. and tragically, it is australians who embarrass not only themselves and their families but our entire nation. every year, without fail. 

delighted to see that bernard toxic is gone first round. and congrats to toxic for a great improvement on last year where you failed to get through qualifiers. fairly poor results for someone who after getting done (almost sorry i did not watch it), declared himself one of our best. best what? of course, toxic could have chosen to bow out gracefully. not a chance. why not dump on the best player we have had in decades and to declare that 'no one likes him', has to be the funniest line of the year. toxic, no one has ever liked you. you spineless, self-entitled, dimwitted disgrace. slither away. and nice to speak on behalf of your scungy mates, declaring they also don't like him. insists that he won't play davis cup while hewitt is around. so i am praying hewitt signs on for the next forty years. of course, this is the same grub who, if i recall, insisted that we get rid of the universally acclaimed world's nicest bloke, pat rafter. because they didn't get on. 

the scungy mates, kyrios and some bloke called kocknasty - the only thing i know about him is that apparently he wasn't selected for some davis cup game (yes, apparently there are four people on the planet who still watch davis cup) and has sulked ever since. unbelievable. mind you, that is what you do expect from the truly great sportsmen around the world. if absolutely everything does not go your way, if they are not given everything they want, throw the toys out of the pram and spend a few years moaning. yet another prince. 

then of course, we have the clown prince of vile behaviour, kyrios. so far, as far as i can see, every loss is followed by a display of utter contempt for the sport, the fans, the sponsors (who have to be the biggest fools of all, paying this idiot). tells the world how little it matters to him. about as much as he matters to us. the other line is to point out what a hero he is fighting through all his injuries. except he doesn't. touch of sunburn or a broken eyelash and he is forced to retire. sad thing is from what i have seen, he might just have more natural ability than anyone who has ever picked up a racquet. and he has completely squandered it. and will be remembered for exactly that. a walking natural disaster. 

now, no idea when this bloke is up against but whoever beats him will be my new fave player. lets hope it is in round one. it is hard to think of anyone on the planet one has less respect for. i will even cheer for kiwis and poms ahead of him. he is even lower than our politicians. 

roll on the footy season. 

I'm still getting my head around the fact that the Cricket and Tennis switched free-to-air channels (with each other). Cricket on Channel 7 and Tennis on Channel 9? Oh, what would Kerry Packer think of all this? Richie (Benaud), oh how we need you! ?

• Like 1

I thought only my mother watched tennis?

Why are you talking about dickheads? Take away their oxygen and they disappear. 

Personally I haven't seen a game since Gabriela Sabatini retired. 

hqdefault.jpg

qxUogklI_400x400.jpg

3 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

I thought only my mother watched tennis?

Why are you talking about dickheads? Take away their oxygen and they disappear. 

Personally I haven't seen a game since Gabriela Sabatini retired. 

hqdefault.jpg

qxUogklI_400x400.jpg

and i am still seriously pissed at a mate of mine from when i lived in london who had promised to introduce us and never did. 

so, the scungy mates all follow toxic out in round one. could not have been more delighted.

even had a mate texting me during the game, which i did not watch, upset with how it was going. he stopped when i told him i could not be happier. 

now we have millman, barty, de Min all left and some players we can actually get behind. well, if one could be bothered watching. 

meanwhile, toxic is out there telling the world that if hewitt speaks to him, he'll punch his lights out, i think that was the phrase. once again bernie, all class. 

and dear old grub! smashes a racquet, lets flies with endless obscenities, abuses a linesman, belts a ball into the crowd. has to have an injury break even third point, because if he doesn't thrash the point to death, it might be conceding that he was thrashed by a better player (yea, the sealbasher and i would have no problem, if not one of the last aussies, if he won the lot) and then gives the surliest press conference imaginable (in fairness, i should state that this is all based on the numerous reports rather than eyewitness, because i won't waste my time watching). have the authorities stepped in with a fine, a suspension, for that sort of behaviour? let alone for toxic threatening to belt the davis cup captain if he so much as speaks to him (talk about the pin-up for sad little tinpot warriors - paper bags around the globe are on high alert)? no, the authorities will do nothing because they are spineless corrupt jellyfish who are too scared to do anything to improve the image of their sport if it means that they might have to face two morons. tennis authorities are as big a disgrace as the pair of them.

shame!