Friday Funny: Oz summer edition

I have no idea how you guys do it. I'm not afraid of death. But there is something about feeling pathetic in water, as some sleek creature effortlessly rips you to pieces beneath the watery horizon. It my worst nightmare. But everyday you. And nearly all other Aussies goes " bugger it, what are the chances?". I admire it endlessly. But will never understand. I think you have to be born into it.

3 hours ago, 99call said:

I have no idea how you guys do it. I'm not afraid of death. But there is something about feeling pathetic in water, as some sleek creature effortlessly rips you to pieces beneath the watery horizon. It my worst nightmare. But everyday you. And nearly all other Aussies goes " bugger it, what are the chances?". I admire it endlessly. But will never understand. I think you have to be born into it.

Many many many years ago I belonged to the Avoca Beach Surf Lifesaving Club (Central coast of NSW).

We were issued with a SLS publication, that had a section on shark attacks. It confidently stated that "Sharks rarely if ever attacked the rescuers". 

Fortunately I never had to test that theory. ?‍♀️

SLS.jpg.b6e65d6ef428e10f4126d1f3ea1ad091.jpg

• Haha 1