Rob's 'Nudies No 3' parejos size (blend 2) 2018

22 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Thrilled that you enjoyed it!

The one you smoked was the Nudies 3 and it indeed was inspired by my love of the Partagas Connie 3.  I would love to do this one in bundles of 50. 

The other cigar I sent you was the Nudies 1.  It is a gorgeous Lancero.  the blend/flavour I was aiming for was the Partagas Connie 1. 

We are close to nailing what we are looking for and will start the next stage of blending toward the end of Jan. 

thoroughly enjoying the process of building cigars again :spotlight:

Rob, you have a great ability to boil down cigars to single line descriptions. How would you describe the SDC 3 and 1?  I've never had a SDC No 1, but will be smoking the "Nudie No1" tomorrow, and will try to give it an honest blind eyed review. 

Would be interested to hear your thoughts on why the SDC line was so valued by the few (if not HSA)?

Great stuff! It really will be excellent to sample some of the passion that has gone into the development of these, I know it's been something that Rob and the gang has wanted to dip into again after the Czar, Tampa's and lisadores. I hope these get the full production that Rob envisages.

Just a brill story, a lovely little light in the cigar world

2 hours ago, 99call said:

How would you describe the SDC 3 and 1?  I've never had a SDC No 1, but will be smoking the "Nudie No1" tomorrow, and will try to give it an honest blind eyed review. 

Would be interested to hear your thoughts on why the SDC line was to valued, by the few (if not HSA)?

I love the elegance of skinnies. Beyond that, they are the magnifying glass of each marque whereby they deliver the heart and soul of that marque. 

Cohiba lancero, Montecristo Especial, Trinidad Fundadores even Por larranaga Montecarlo are the current examples. 

Lost to us are cigars such as the Diplomatico no 6, HDM Dauphin, LGC MO1, ERDM Grandes de Espana, Punch Ninfas etal, Partagas SDC 1.

I am very familiar with the Partagas SDC 1.  It is a hard cigar to describe in terms of flavour but in terms of personality........ruthless elegance.  It is the definition of "an iron fist in a velvet glove".  Partagas savoury spice, bursts of power tapered with lilting choc notes and soft spices. 

The Nudies Number 1 prototype you have with you, hits the right notes in terms of power and with that power some cracking flavours (guiness, flowers, cream). However it is lacking the elegance that we are shooting for. We will need to play around with the seco. 

The SD 3 is fuller in body than the one and the two. It is the stormtrooper of the Partagas SDC line-up.  What a great size! Power and class personified. Big flavours, small package and it feels like you are holding a $2000 Montblanc pen.   Our Nudies Number 3 comes close. Again just a touch more elegance required. 

Our Nudes 2 is similar to a flying pig (starts at 50 (cap)  and  runs to a 58 (foot).  6 inches.  50 gauge is as large a cigar that feels comfortable in my mouth. The 58 gauge (at its max point) allows up plenty of blend to play with. it is good but nowhere where we want it to be. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, crking3 said:

Well we can certainly see why he sent them to you to try lol ....nice ! Hopefully get a chance to try one when they hit the carts !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry that went over my head, could you explain?

14 hours ago, El Presidente said:

I love the elegance of skinnies. Beyond that, they are the magnifying glass of each marque whereby they deliver the heart and soul of that marque. 

Cohiba lancero, Montecristo Especial, Trinidad Fundadores even Por larranaga Montecarlo are the current examples. 

Lost to us are cigars such as the Diplomatico no 6, HDM Dauphin, LGC MO1, ERDM Grandes de Espana, Punch Ninfas etal, Partagas SDC 1.

I am very familiar with the Partagas SDC 1.  It is a hard cigar to describe in terms of flavour but in terms of personality........ruthless elegance.  It is the definition of "an iron fist in a velvet glove".  Partagas savoury spice, bursts of power tapered with lilting choc notes and soft spices. 

The Nudies Number 1 prototype you have with you, hits the right notes in terms of power and with that power some cracking flavours (guiness, flowers, cream). However it is lacking the elegance that we are shooting for. We will need to play around with the seco. 

The SD 3 is fuller in body than the one and the two. It is the stormtrooper of the Partagas SDC line-up.  What a great size! Power and class personified. Big flavours, small package and it feels like you are holding a $2000 Montblanc pen.   Our Nudies Number 3 comes close. Again just a touch more elegance required. 

Our Nudes 2 is similar to a flying pig (starts at 50 (cap)  and  runs to a 58 (foot).  6 inches.  50 gauge is as large a cigar that feels comfortable in my mouth. The 58 gauge (at its max point) allows up plenty of blend to play with. it is good but nowhere where we want it to be. 

I remember a good few years back when Ravi was playing mad scientist with his house blends he sent out a few variations of the last few blends that he couldn't decide on. It probably goes without saying that there will be plenty herewilling to help out if you need it, but then again maybe that will be taking the project away from the idea that you have in your head of what the final experience should be? Kind of like an artist sending away their nearly finished canvas for people to say what should be in it?

Just now, crking3 said:

Because he knew you would provide a very thorough and descriptive review ...probably one of the reasons he sent them to you to review ...because you always do such well written, focused reviews !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very kind of you to say.  Hmmm I'm not to sure though.  I'm convinced, as are many others! that I great proportion of what we get can be seen as conjecture.    Rob just seems to be a very kind man,  as he had no intention of me reviewing the cigars.  I'd place a £100 quid bet he's probably laughing is socks off, saying "what on earth is this monkey talking about?"

I look forward to hearing what everyone else thinks (even though the blend will have changed).   I'm sure with everyones reviews together, we'll be able to boil it down to a correlated single sentence. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fugu said:

Thanks for reviewing these, Stefan, and thanks to Rob and team for undertaking this! But isn't it a crying shame that such a venture is needed today?!

Haha, the height of first world problems.  I can just imagine the scene in a saloon somewhere in dusty outback of Australia

Bloke in the bar:    Jeese mate!!!, you look shagged,....what gives?

Rob:   Yep i'm not gonna lie, Hard yakka. The guys that used to make my favourite cigars, have shut up shop, so I'm having to get to together with my best mates, and make them ourselves..... thats not the half of it though!!........ all we're allowed to drink is rum, and cold beers!.  

I Jest, I Jest.......I am incredibly grateful to Rob & FOH for undertaking this noble quest, and no doubt it will entail stress, outlay of cash, lots of hards work etc.    It just makes me laugh the strange situations we get ourselves into in this thing called 'life' 

I remember watching and interview with Michael Douglas years back, and through a pained face and tear filled eyes, he said. "I................I.......I'm a sex addict!!"     For a micro second I thought....."poor bugger!"   then.........."wait a bloody minute!!.........Sex addict?"

I am intrigued by Rob's post.  While I have met Rob very briefly once when he visited Toronto I have never had the pleasure of meeting Hamlet.  Regardless, by virtue of having the privilege of being part of the FoH family I consider both my "friends".  Likewise for Ken, John S, Pigfish and a host of others I have never actually met but have gotten to know and respect through this site. 

I purchased some Hamlet cigars from our host some time ago and smoked one over the holidays.  When I smoke a Hamlet I think of his great cigar knowledge and accomplishments: things I would not have known but for this site.  It makes the experience so much more enjoyable.  That, after all, is what cigar smoking is all about - friendship, relaxation and camaraderie. 

I do not have the palette or cigar knowledge of Stef, Rob or most other members of this site.  I don't pick up a fraction of the flavours they do.  I still enjoy smoking with the right company and know what I like.  I look forward to the release of these cigars and am confident they will be great cigars created by elite Cigar professionals but, above all, they will be cigars created by my "friends".  That will make the experience so much more pleasurable.  Pencil me in for a bundle of each whether the tobacco is Cuban, Nicaraguan or Canadian.           

Thank you and Happy New Year to all.

John

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, joncat said:

I do not have the palette or cigar knowledge of Stef, Rob or most other members of this site

Sorry, I would just like to extricate myself from the esteemed list.   I do not profess to know anything, rather I just enjoy cigars and the process of reviewing them. I'd say the majority of members on FOH know a good deal more me about this passion of ours

5 hours ago, joncat said:

Pencil me in for a bundle of each whether the tobacco is Cuban, Nicaraguan or Canadian.     

I would second much of what you've said, but especially this.

• Like 1