More fun with scumbags – Telstra

Put in a series of complaints with the office of the ceo (google Telstra office of ceo and it’ll take you to the page). And mention you’re about to lodge a complaint with the telecommunications industry ombudsman. Also mention your fair and reasonable resolution for this dispute is 3 months waived bills. Thats worked a treat for me on so many occasions in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, LordAnubis said:

Put in a series of complaints with the office of the ceo (google Telstra office of ceo and it’ll take you to the page). And mention you’re about to lodge a complaint with the telecommunications industry ombudsman. Also mention your fair and reasonable resolution for this dispute is 3 months waived bills. Thats worked a treat for me on so many occasions in the past.

worth a try. i had more fun with the insurance ombudsman than one would think legal. best invention in history. the scumbags at cgu make telstra look warm and cuddly. 

1 minute ago, dimi68 said:

Don't worry Ken with the recent announcement of 8000 job cuts at Telstra

That's 8000 less scumbags for you to deal with!

you can bet your life they will start at the most competent and work down from there. mind you, most competent at telstra is all relative and a very short list. 

Ohh so after another stuff up by these guys (only Allah knows how they can reduce their staff by 25% and improve their efficiency) I put in a complaint with the ceos office. Within 2 hours someone from their office called me back and said he was looking into it. Get a call today saying they’re now giving me 50 gigs of data and 20 buck discount on my bill every month now as well . Maybe I should change plans more often. At this rate I’m not going to have to pay any bills ever

I love it when Telstra keeps handing out discounts. Last problem I had, raised one complaint, got 3 SR numbers, 3 different managers and $20 bucks discount each month for 6 months. :rotfl:

7 minutes ago, PigFish said:

Be careful what you wish for Ken. When someone in your government declares that the internet is not good for you... you won't have it at all anymore! 

-R

They already did. That's why we are getting the NBN... the No Broadband Network.

• 1 year later...

@Ken Gargett have i got a story for you!

Last week the wife had to make an emergency call to a friend in India. We would normally load up a 10 buck calling pack that would do the job. Tried to do that, didnt work. Tried to contact their chat support, no one available. Tried to call, not available. So in this process a few minutes had passed and i told the wife make the call anyway. Got charged 160 bucks for the call.

I lodged a complaint with the CEOs department. Took them a few days but they called me back today. They've cancelled the charge for the call, waived the month of bill (100 bucks) and added 180 bucks of credit to my account as a gesture towards 9 months of the data pack for both of our phones. 

They are so incompetent it's amazing!!!

18 minutes ago, LordAnubis said:

@Ken Gargett have i got a story for you!

Last week the wife had to make an emergency call to a friend in India. We would normally load up a 10 buck calling pack that would do the job. Tried to do that, didnt work. Tried to contact their chat support, no one available. Tried to call, not available. So in this process a few minutes had passed and i told the wife make the call anyway. Got charged 160 bucks for the call.

I lodged a complaint with the CEOs department. Took them a few days but they called me back today. They've cancelled the charge for the call, waived the month of bill (100 bucks) and added 180 bucks of credit to my account as a gesture towards 9 months of the data pack for both of our phones. 

They are so incompetent it's amazing!!!

mus, it will never end. 

Lol!

Last month they waived my internet and Foxtel bill. Since September last year, they've left on a $20 speed boost charge on my NBN, even though they stated it would be removed because they couldn't provide that speed (a got letter and email). Month after month, they keep putting it on my bill, and I keep getting it removed, taking an hour each time. Every phone call, they promise it has been escalated and will be actioned by their back of house team. After 6 mths, I'm tired of calling, so I call one last time and tell them I will be lodging a complaint with the ombudsman. 3 days later I get a call from a complaints manager, promising me to follow up. Low and behold, back of house team have done nothing with the escalation, as it is stuck in provisioning (whatever that means). No-one in that team followed up, because orders stuck in provisioning are not monitored. I kick up a big enough stink that the manager waives my bill... and the following month (about $440 in total), even though the Foxtel part of the bill has nothing to do with the internet charge! :rotfl:

• Like 1