Yeah I saw those, definitely like those better than a bunch of smaller packs. I’m an OCD weirdo though, I want to avoid mounting anything to the underside of the lid. If I go with boveda I would probably go with the 320 gram packs, thanks that’s a good idea. Still may give the beads a shot in the name of science lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Currently I'm rocking a pound if HF beads and 2 large boveda in my 600ct. I replaced a bunch of the smaller boveda bags with a active humidifier and it still barely runs. The fans mostly circulate the humidity zones when they raise upwards naturally.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For Newcomers only.  No question will go unanswered. No smartarse comments, no reference to using the search engine. We will answer each and every one...as many times as necessary  We were a

This is good policy.    If "newb" questions bother you, better to move along rather than offer up snarky comments.

Make sure the RH in the box (and the room it is in) is lower than that of your humidor! Especially if it has been raining for a few days. People sometimes forget or don't realise their home could have

Cigar boxes/cabinets make terrible humidors. But...... you can toss in a Boveda and then store the cabinet in a big Ziploc bag if you're really cramped for space.  A couple of small ones or a big Boveda should be fine. Check on it every week to see if it's over/under-humidified.  
If you're in a quick pinch and have an awkwardly sized box painters tape seals it up pretty quickly and doesn't destroy the box when taken off. I've also cling wrapped a parcel of boxes in a pinch after throwing in bovedas and left for a month trip and it worked just fine.

So I have heard that when you have a tupperdore you should open it up every once in a while to let fresh air in. My question is this necessary? i.e. what's the science behind it? Finally how often should you do open it and give it air?  Thanks! 
Every week to ever month. Theory is to get fresh air in and let out off gassed gasses from them fermenting still. Ammonia and phosphorus(?) Mainly.

I am by no means an expert, but I do know that people often vacuum seal boxes that they plan on aging long term to slow down the aging process, so that further muddies the waters about the whole idea of airflow. I have no idea which is right or which is wrong or if there even is a right or wrong. As I’m finding more and more in this hobby, there are a lot of things that are personal preference. I don’t have any cigars that I plan on intentionally aging for 10+ years, and I’m in my tupperdor at least once a month so it’s not a problem for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are two (in general) classes of bacteria. Aerobic (requires oxygen) and Anaerobic (doesn't require oxygen). When you deprive the critters of their air they will actually mutate and become an anaerobic organism. They will then starve and start using certain chemicals one at a time primarily as their food source. So this slows down the entire process and can In certain situations lead to a controlled fermentation. I've never seen any written publishing on this though

• Confused 1

Hello,

I just joined FOH and am excited to be in this community. I just purchased a couple of boxes a week ago from the online store to try it out, and am awaiting delivery.  

My question is this:  I've had some issues with quality when purchasing from other sites. I'd like to buy 5-6 boxes but I only want to purchase HQ or PSP quality grade. What's the best way to go about doing this? Do I have to wait for those to appear on 24:24, or can I special request these?  If so, how?  I'm dying to try some of these highly graded cigars that I keep hearing about.

Thanks in advance for your help!

2 hours ago, Shazam said:

Hello,

I just joined FOH and am excited to be in this community. I just purchased a couple of boxes a week ago from the online store to try it out, and am awaiting delivery.  

My question is this:  I've had some issues with quality when purchasing from other sites. I'd like to buy 5-6 boxes but I only want to purchase HQ or PSP quality grade. What's the best way to go about doing this? Do I have to wait for those to appear on 24:24, or can I special request these?  If so, how?  I'm dying to try some of these highly graded cigars that I keep hearing about.

Thanks in advance for your help!

24:24 is your best bet at this stage. Shortly we will have them on the shopping carts in order to make it easier. 

Special requests are a little difficult. What ends up happening is 300 members on a waiting list for PSP This or that.  24:24 is where you will find them right now. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, El Presidente said:

24:24 is your best bet at this stage. Shortly we will have them on the shopping carts in order to make it easier. 

Special requests are a little difficult. What ends up happening is 300 members on a waiting list for PSP This or that.  24:24 is where you will find them right now. 

Thank you El Presidente!  So one more question about 24:24... what does "mostly" mean, sometimes it's *mostly.  Cheers!

Even on Q&A shipping is not to be discussed. It is a core rule for a reason. 

Shipping to different parts of the world have different methodology.  You can ask specific questions by emailing the team (not me ;))

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Shazam said:

Thank you El Presidente!  So one more question about 24:24... what does "mostly" mean, sometimes it's *mostly.  Cheers!

There can be more than one box code. Those listed are the "mostly" We select on quality not box code. 

15 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Even on Q&A shipping is not to be discussed. It is a core rule for a reason. 

Shipping to different parts of the world have different methodology.  You can ask specific questions by emailing the team (not me ;))

Sorry, my mistake. 

Who would you recommend I contact with my questions?

18 minutes ago, dlagrainge said:

Sorry, my mistake. 

Who would you recommend I contact with my questions?

@WarriorPrincess would be my vote :D, though this may result with me making her angry with the added workload... :ph34r:

A friend of mine constantly refers to dark wrapper Cubans as being "Spanish market" and light colored wrappers as being "English market". Is there any truth to this? Seems like all the markets get what ever Cuba decides to send, so I have a hard time believing that concept.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Bump

1 hour ago, prodigy said:

A friend of mine constantly refers to dark wrapper Cubans as being "Spanish market" and light colored wrappers as being "English market". Is there any truth to this? Seems like all the markets get what ever Cuba decides to send, so I have a hard time believing that concept.

It is codswallop. 

Take a walk through any UK divan/humidor. All the tan shades are represented in the good the bad and the ugly.  Not surprisingly they look like every other walk in humidor in the world. 

• Like 1

Somewhat new. Just a question on shipping for 24:24. Confirmation email and/or Tracking info is sent From FOH? Ordered on 3 MAY and subsequent orders the following week, have yet to receive anything via email regarding shipping, that I can find. Didn’t want to bog down the team and figured I could get an answer here. 

2 minutes ago, nickg999 said:

Somewhat new. Just a question on shipping for 24:24. Confirmation email and/or Tracking info is sent from what company? Ordered on 3 MAY and subsequent orders the following week, have yet to receive anything via email regarding shipping, that I can find. 

Normally (outside of the week before Christmas), the process for hand- picked stock is that each weeks orders for the prior week are brought up each Monday from the warehouse and shipped that week. If you order on a Saturday/Sunday there can be a few days extra delay (as it falls into the following weeks cycle). Similarly if you order on a Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri then they go out the following week 99% of the time. Public holidays can occasionally throw a spanner in the works. 

If you have multiple orders then they will be scheduled but the team will correspond with you. 

Do not contact Diana unless there has been a significant delay outside of the above.  

As for any other questions regarding shipping, scroll back up a few posts. Shipping is not discussed on the forum. Contact the team to discuss specifics.

On 5/15/2018 at 6:54 AM, Fugu said:

Me neither :lol:

welcome on board @patrick_harmon44!

Thanks. Got a whole lot more to learn about some island that has all kinds of "magic dirt" that make a certain plant taste different. I am quite enjoying some brand history from Havana. Cohiba(trinidad) is an interesting little gem to learn about. Gotta figure out how to order a sampler soon enough too. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nickg999 said:

Not in any rush. Read the estimated times for information after orders. Did the math. Figured I would have gotten something by now. Mind the small print. Cool. 

Tyranny of timezones. You order on a Thursday (your time) Friday ours. Di asks for details and you answer over a weekend. Monday already by the time we get them. Into the cycle that Fuzz posted it goes. it is a well worn path. Mind you I am looking forward to the end of the Public Holiday season here. :rolleyes: 

Not so much a question, but I've been noticing a trend when smoking. I'll find a super tight or plugged cigar, and put it back to find one that has more airflow. By the time it gets close to the nub, the dang things are obviously under filled. Then I'll light one of the super tight ones, and by the time it gets to the nub, it almost seems underfilled. How can a cigar be underfilled and plugged at the same time??

20 hours ago, prodigy said:

Not so much a question, but I've been noticing a trend when smoking. I'll find a super tight or plugged cigar, and put it back to find one that has more airflow. By the time it gets close to the nub, the dang things are obviously under filled. Then I'll light one of the super tight ones, and by the time it gets to the nub, it almost seems underfilled. How can a cigar be underfilled and plugged at the same time??

Not a 100 percent sure, but when I got into the hobby of rolling my own I watched tons of youtube videos on rolling. It seams that that if not properly rolled it can get twisted. So thats my two cents and really just a guess.

• Like 2

Not a 100 percent sure, but when I got into the hobby of rolling my own I watched tons of youtube videos on rolling. It seams that that if not properly rolled it can get twisted. So thats my two cents and really just a guess.
Im not 100% but this would be my guess too. Try and roll up a tarpaulin...you often get a bias towards one end. I'd imagine the same can happen with a cigar and I have definitely experienced what was described.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

So its my birthday today, and wife just bought me a cigar cooler humidor. Its pretty cool, just wondering if anyone with some experience could let me know how well these work.

1526867176240834237800243536659.jpg