HUPC MEG MAR 15 Thanksgiving review

8 hours ago, Sean3 said:

$40 for a petit corona is harsh...glad you're enjoying New Zealand.  Cheers

Beyond harsh, ridiculous! Considering a box is +- $165 USD. Better to bring your own!

7 hours ago, NYgarman said:

Beyond harsh, ridiculous! Considering a box is +- $165 USD. Better to bring your own!

agreed, it's a wonder these governments don't manage to tax everything out of business and ultimately deprive itself of needed revenue.

agreed, it's a wonder these governments don't manage to tax everything out of business and ultimately deprive itself of needed revenue.

The guy running the shop I visited explained how the tax structure on cigars works and it seems like the government is trying to tax them out of business. Also it is illegal to have tobacco on display. So I couldn’t even go into the humidor. He gave me a price list, I told him what I wanted (08 SLE Serie A) and then he went back and got them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Dmpotocek said:

The guy running the shop I visited explained how the tax structure on cigars works and it seems like the government is trying to tax them out of business. Also it is illegal to have tobacco on display. So I couldn’t even go into the humidor. He gave me a price list, I told him what I wanted (08 SLE Serie A) and then he went back and got them.

It's getting to be a common theme, and one wonders where it will turn when they kill the cash cow.

Already happening. I for one can’t afford cigars these days with the taxes applied to them.