Humidors and cigar boxes?

First off. HOLY F**K you made those?????

I wish I knew how to make stuff like that. 

Absolutely fantastic. You should start selling them. 

Also I'm in the same camp as Buck:

On 11/19/2017 at 5:21 PM, Buck14 said:

Just get a big bowl of DISTILLED water and put it in the bottom of the humi for 72 hours.  I am not a fan of wiping down the wood with water.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I recently built my first humidor, and am starting to fill it with boxes of cigars.  I am using 320g Boveda packs to regulate humidity (which seem to work great).  A question for you cigar shamen:  wh

Humidor part deux completed.  Siggy 1’s for scale... Details: Cherry case. Spanish cedar interior (duh). Maple accents, and spline joints. No interior trays or anything...inte

Yes, seasoning occurred.  Coincidentally, it was my quest for seasoning knowledge that led me to FoH in the first place.  Turns out some guy named “Pig”has a few thoughts on the topic??  

12 hours ago, Martin_F said:

After using your desktop humidors for a couple month now, how are you liking them?

Are you happy about how they hold humidity?

Anything you'd do different if you were to build another one?

I'm nearing completion on my project, just figured I'd check in with you ;)

Hey Martin,

This one has been rock solid. The Spanish cedar lining was initially pretty snug, bordering on tight, but I chose to be patient and let everything find its center. Which it did, and now the fit is kinda perfect.  A Boveda 320g pack (65%) has kept it steady at that humidity, actually maybe 62-ish, but it’s hard to know with 100% accuracy, right? 

The Wheezydor thread was also a fun project, although I learned a small lesson: I should’ve made them bigger. I’m already at capacity on those units.

Everything else has been great. No issues with finish (water-based polycrylic) nor seal.  

Post some pics of your project please!  

Thanks

Wheezy

11 hours ago, fitzy said:

First off. HOLY F**K you made those?????

I wish I knew how to make stuff like that. 

Absolutely fantastic. You should start selling them. 

Also I'm in the same camp as Buck:

Thanks Fitzy - kind words.  Appreciated!

One thing I’ve learned reading all these forum posts over the past several months: everyone has a path that they like to get to their ideal cigar state...and every path is perfect for that person.  I’m a wiper, and a Boveda guy. Others aren’t.  And it’s all good!

Regarding the skills to make stuff like this, we all have gifts in one area or another.  My wife is an artist, and I can barely draw a stick man. Some people sing beautifully, and when I try, people look at me funny.  And it’s all good!

Be well, and smoke ‘em if you got ‘em...

- Wheezy

you sir are an artist....would also want to know if you begin a side business of bespoke desktop humidors

11 hours ago, grizzlee said:

you sir are an artist....would also want to know if you begin a side business of bespoke desktop humidors

Thanks grizz...what’s in your glass tonight?  I’m eyeballing some Basil Hayden myself.  I accidentally got into some Pikesville Rye (110 proof) a couple nights ago.  Loved it but it reminded me that I ain’t as young as I used to be!

9 hours ago, PigFish said:

Beautiful work mate. I would have to agree with above. You are an artist, perhaps better term "craftsman." Either way, you have made heirlooms to be proud of.

Cheers! -Piggy

Thanks Piggy. I think you might be aware that it was your posts on climatology that lured me into FoH!  I alternately blame you, and thank you. ?

But joking aside, this might be one of the coolest online forums. The sense of community, humor and friendship is pretty amazing.  The exchange of opinions, experiences, and knowledge is so helpful.  Love this place!

- Wheezy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BTWheezy said:

Thanks Piggy. I think you might be aware that it was your posts on climatology that lured me into FoH!  I alternately blame you, and thank you. ?

But joking aside, this might be one of the coolest online forums. The sense of community, humor and friendship is pretty amazing.  The exchange of opinions, experiences, and knowledge is so helpful.  Love this place!

- Wheezy

... quite a complement mate. Sharing here is really a favorite pastime. Inspiring people... well, that is way over the top!!! You honor me.

Cheers! -Piggy

12 hours ago, BTWheezy said:

Thanks grizz...what’s in your glass tonight?  I’m eyeballing some Basil Hayden myself.  I accidentally got into some Pikesville Rye (110 proof) a couple nights ago.  Loved it but it reminded me that I ain’t as young as I used to be!

BTWheezy - Well, in the glass for last night was more than a few glasses of Nikka Coffey Grain Whisky pared with a Cohiba Secreto for round one, and San Cristobal de La Habana El Principe for round two. A buddy brought the Nikka, I added the smokes. Not typically a sweet whisky drinker and never had that particular Nikka before, but the sweetness paired very nicely with the same of the Secreto and El Principe. Preferred the combination of the El Principe best.