Who here vapes?

Vapes came out for an alternative to stop smoking. Now 18 year olds pick them up because it's cool and they want to fit in. I have some buddies who do it just because. I've tried some hits from them here and there. Nothing fancy as it's a sweeter taste. I'd rather smoke a cigar once or twice a week.  

20 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

someone has to ask. what the hell is vaping? sounds disgusting.

And it is.... sickening, the flavours smell chemical based... like cleaning products. I had a couple of people at work ask me if they could vape. A flat no...I have a total alcohol and smoking ban on any my sites... and that includes after work.

The vape manufacturers really should cut back on the billowy cloud thing.  I know it's fun for many of the users, just like how a grand cigar can put out a steam train's load of smoke.  However I posit that what really killed cigarette smoking wasn't the health risks, but rather the persistent annoyance of everybody else: get on a plane and sit in non-smoking?  You're smoking!  Go to a restaurant and ask for non-smoking?  You're smoking!  And on and on.  It was impossible to get away from smoking anywhere in society.  That's what really created the backlash IMHO.  The health campaign was more about how one legislates in the modern age.  You pass legislation in this day and age not by claiming it as reasonable and well considered, moderate even.  No, you pass legislation by arguing for it's lifesaving-benefits-to-starving-orphans-being-held-hostage-by-deranged-terrorists/cannibals.  Something over the top.

So if vaping can adjust to being less noticeable and imposing on others, it will likely have a longer and happier outcome; but if people have to keep dodging big, foggy clouds just exhaled by the guy ahead on the street; well it's likely that the statisticians will find a way to turn cigarette data against the vape, and with considerable drama. :cigar: 

• Like 1