Those few and far between

10 hours ago, DBNInc said:

Love that feeling.  I've experienced it with:

• '13 Bolivar Libertador a local businessperson gave me (I think it was '13, had an LCDH band)

• '07 Diamond Crown Maximus from a Toast Across America Coffin (wrapper was all cracked, still great)

• An over humidified Arturo Fuente Short Story (the Humidor was full and it was pushed against the humidifier) with less than a year of age

• '10 Montecristo EL Grand Edmundo

Just thinking about them makes me want to smoke all day lol

Love the short stories

• Like 2

Awesome thread!  Nice reminder about what this is all about.  It's easy to get bogged down with questionable quality coming out of Cuba, the irrational decisions of Habanos SA, the intricacies of the 24:24 process, humidor optimization, etc.

First time it happened for me was with a Lusi, single bought from another vendor.  I didn't understand what complexity was until this smoke.  The way the flavors developed and changed throughout the cigar was amazing.  

More recently a HU Conny A, LAU Aug 16, a clearance box from here and the Lancero from the Christmas sampler have made me say out loud, "God D- this is a great cigar".  And I usually smoke alone.

• Like 2

On 9/16/2017 at 12:31 PM, HShep said:

It's kind of a nerdy thing to do, but the next time I visit Cuba, God willing, I'm buying a box of Cohiba Lanceros, R&J Churchills, and if I can find them, a box of Upmann Petit Coronas, the three cigars of the some of the 20th century's cigar smoking icons.  

Beautiful plan.  Let us know when it happens.

Just had the immense joy of experiencing one of these moments. A little warmer today than the last few days, yes I know warm in Texas versus many of our compatriots on FOH is relative, but it was warmer here today.

Had the totally sublime and near out of body experience, smoking my first PLPC while sitting on the back porch, listening to the crackle of the pedestal heater, the cardinals singing their back and forth winter song, a hawk crying as he looked for the next meal, and the faint roar of a jet or two overhead as they left a dance of con trails across the clear Texas winter sky. A truly spiritual experience of a great smoke picked up a while back in a sampler from El Presidente. 

Thought CoRo was my favorite smoke, now that's up for debate. Too bad I missed a recent PLPC cab offering on 24:24. Have to wait and watch for next allocation. I'm hopeful this is a fantastic start to the week ahead.

• Like 1