"No-one smoke cigars in the street"discuss

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Depends on whom you ask.  If you ask a Liberal/NannyStater, they will say nowhere.  You are killing yourself and your second hand smoke, no matter how diffuse, is killing everyone else.  If you ask me

Zino lost me at “Don’t smoke more than half the cigar”.  

Personally, I like to be in a pretty deep relaxed state when I enjoy a cigar, so I keep my exercise routine and cigar smoking completely separated. But there’s a guy who walks his dog every day on the

33 minutes ago, Ole said:

Hurricane, rain and the worst possible conditions.

What better way to improve your situation.

In the middle of the North Sea..

Titanic going down while the band is playing..

My wife told me not to smoke while walking...

...the plank.  :clown2:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Fugu said:

...and she is right about it! - but who's to criticise that, if that's what you enjoy?

That said, I tend to rarely, very rarely smoke while walking. But - classy or not - there are those particular moments, and particular company, when you are just in the mood to grab a cigar for a walk.

Thinking back some decades, it is all a matter of 'tempora et mores' - Back when I was a child (gentle-)men would be smoking cigars and pipe like normal in the street and in public places, parcs, you name it. And I always loved it! Not cigarettes mind you, but the presence of genuine smokers and the smell of burning quality tobacco. And I feel truly sorry that these times are long gone.

No one felt aggravated back then, non-smokers were tolerant, smokers, at least those pipe and cigar smokers, in the main were thoughtful. And I firmly believe no one was done any harm by that. Hell - kids of my generation 'suffered' hours and hours of driving by car with their parents in the front seats smoking chain... and there weren't any seat belts either...haha.

Today, it seems we are all being bullied by a proliferating, hypertrophic safety and insurance mentality.
I see it this way - life is about love, friends, peace, happiness and enjoyment - not about maximizing it's pure temporal span as an end in itself. There is way too much drama in the non-smoking P.C. for my liking. But I digress...

... I have purposely stayed out of this conversation for a number of reasons.

I would have likely 'digressed further,' one such reason.... I can say that his was wonderfully expressed... and I enjoyed reading it. Hats off to you Goo... Bravo!

-R

• Like 3