Hoyo De Monterrey San Juan: AUM JUN 15: Ode to the 53+ ring review

Half way through a carton of tubos of these. The flavours are excellent but unfortunately some have been very underfilled. This was the worst offender so far. I only took one photo sorry got distracted at our Perth herf catching up with great mates.

The cigar had a very thin wrapper with several tears. Also, it ended up burning badly and had a big peninsula off one side of the cigars ash.

1st third- macha green tea, cream, hint of floral honey, grubby ash taste already showing up. Light bodied.

2nd- flavours muted. Still some cream and green tea, cardboard

3rd- pitched it

Got to call it as they come so this gets a 75 score. It was smokeable for the first half then had to go. Underfilling the culprit.

Cheers

Dickoe2bce3fb139c88c5ca8dd2635e7d61da.jpga54b585e10e0c58f4d127f681f022a2a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

• Like 2

That's the problem I have had with these as well Ben woefully under filled now we will be paying 2% more for less tobacco ?

Shame cos they are a good cigar as big a ring gauge I would prefer to go to with inducing my gag reflex ??

Sad to hear about the underfills. I've only had one from my tubos. Fingers crossed that the rest of mine are decently filler.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It's a shame this was underfilled as this has interesting flavours, as you noted. Steve has offered his thoughts above but did Westy share his, as I recall he doesn't mind these either. Has he had underfilled ones too?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnS said:

It's a shame this was underfilled as this has interesting flavours, as you noted. Steve has offered his thoughts above but did Westy share his, as I recall he doesn't mind these either. Has he had underfilled ones too?

hi John. Yeah Westy does like them he has already been through a box I believe. I did speak to him about it but can't recall whether he had underfilling issues (it was at a whiskey tasting so I was pretty drunk haha)

• Like 1