Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure De Luxe Box Code Unknown: Odessa to the 47 to 52 Gauge Review week

This week I reached for my HdM Epicure De Luxe. I purchased five of these from a fellow BOTL and unfortunately, this was my last one.

20170602_201858.thumb.jpg.9e1346e91659d30b0d2988eebdcda0e3.jpg

I have enjoyed every de Luxe I've had. The pre-light draw is a bit snug so I used a Punch to lose n some of the tobacco up. Seemed to work pretty well. Paired this cigar with a Colorado bulldog.

The wrapper was a little dry and there was a slight crack in the foot. Didn't affect the burn or taste. The first third is very heavy on the hay flavor with spice on the back. It's very mellow in strength and the smoke is really thick.

20170602_205855.thumb.jpg.a95b171347aad7ebc07d7ef672e32513.jpg

The second and final third were pretty much the same but were alot spicier. I like these cigars alot. They are pretty mellow on strength but packed in flavor. The only issue I have with these is that they can heat up pretty easily if you're not careful. I usually take a longer amount of time between draws to avoid having the smoke get too hot. Once it heats up, it's pretty much unsmokable. But, I do recommend these. If I wasn't waiting on some Winnies to be put up on the 24:24, I'd have grabbed a box off this weekends list!

20170602_210903.thumb.jpg.c37f6372f34bfc95f75e7b8ce0c7ddb5.jpg

20170602_210851.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, PigFish said:

Did the cigar come with the bands for vise versa??? -LOL

All riding aside, thanks for sharing the review. -tP

Lol, I got these from a special sale...buy 10 bands get 5 cigars free!!!

I personally think they have room for another :D