Cuban Maduros

On 3/15/2017 at 5:19 PM, SenorPerfecto said:

I tried a Party maduro in Havana. It was good. Not great.

Just tried it and I agree. cold draw was dried fruit.

had some pepper and a bit of oak, but didn't get the sweetness I was hoping for. An easy smoke - nothing overpowering. 

Definitely prefer the Cohiba maduros.

Cohiba Maduro 5 was my first Havana cigar. Good at the time, but subsequent ones haven't wowed me, even if price was no object.

Overall, and I know MANY would disagree with me, I find Cohiba way overpriced compared to other blends that bring me MUCH more joy.

Still, buy a 10 box when you've got something to celebrate to see for yourself. Personally, I've found Bolivar to have a lot of similarity to NC maduros. Try a box of those (with wrappers at least colorado-maduro).

Happy hunting!

Great information in this thread @NSXCIGAR and @Fugu! I agree with you @planetary, if one wants to give Cuban Maduro cigars a go, the Partagas Maduro No.1 must be sampled to contrast the Cohiba Maduro 5 offerings.

Personally, I'd love to see a Maduro H.Upmann regular production release at some point in the near future. I'd imagine that quintessential H.Upmann coffee, shortbread, toasted tobacco and hint of spice will blend really well with a maduro wrapper.