SLR DC or The White Whale

The 24:24 got me thinking today...when the heck was the last time anyone was able to get a hold of a cab of these fine cigars? Back in 2008 or so when I got my cab, I was in my 20s and stupid. I had 7 cabs of these shipped to my house in the United States for further distribution to cigar lovers around North America. I kept only 25 sticks out of the 350 that passed from my door. 

I then wasted several on novice smokers who really didn't appreciate the cigar, but oh well. I'm still sitting on about 12-13 of em. 

I quit cigars for several years; two small children and other hobbies took up my time. Finally getting back in the game. At any rate, when will these ever show their face again? Are they discontinued or in a production slump?  The SECOND I see em for sale again, I'm keeping a whole cab for myself and only smoking on special occasions with those who appreciate the rareity. 

If anyone has any insight on any hopes of these coming to the market again or know where I can pick up a cab (besides the lot that sold on 24:24 lightning fast today ?) pa-pa-pa-please let me know!

cheers!!

4 minutes ago, JohnS said:

Do you really want the answer? Because if we give you the answer, going by previous threads on this topic, you may turn into Captain Ahab! (After all, we are talking about white whales, aren't we?)

Oh no...sounds like I'm going to die at sea!!  

I may not want to know the answer.  Could cause pain and trauma anytime I light up one of the remaining sticks I got.

Yep, no one knows for sure that these are discontinued, but I don't think they've been seen for some time. Perhaps 2014 was the last. And why, oh why, were they only available in 50 cabs at the end, makes sense if they are petit coronas, but not double coronas...too expensive to justify continued business.

1 minute ago, JohnS said:

Yep, no one knows for sure that these are discontinued, but I don't think they've been seen for some time. Perhaps 2014 was the last. And why, oh why, were they only available in 50 cabs at the end, makes sense if they are petit coronas, but not double coronas...too expensive to justify continued business.

Shame. I was just coming back from out of the country in 2014, kids were young and wasn't into purchasing cigars. Damn shame I missed out 

Epic cigars like SLR DCs, Hoyo Des dieux and Sir Winnie's may be in short supply but I'm hoping they are like the 80s and come back with a vengeance! 

I'm still confused why everyone is wearing white sneakers, and all the girlies have their ass hanging out of their high waisted shorts! 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Duxnutz said:

Epic cigars like SLR DCs, Hoyo Des dieux and Sir Winnie's may be in short supply but I'm hoping they are like the 80s and come back with a vengeance! 

I'm still confused why everyone is wearing white sneakers, and all the girlies have their ass hanging out of their high waisted shorts! 

What's the current market prices for Sir Winston's?   I know someone with them and wanted to know how much premium I am paying.  I haven't seen much for sale from the usual online vendors I trust.