Bolivar Royal Corona - TEB MAR 08?

15 minutes ago, watches_whiskies_cigars said:

Yes, that's a legendary code as is ULA mid-14 for BRC and BPC

. . . and BBF as well.

Never had an TEB BRC, but still have some 07 TEB BBF and BCG which are still smoking fantastic. I hate to see the ground of the box ot those ;-)

4 hours ago, mwaller said:

I did a double take when I saw this code on a vendor's code list.  Are these still smoking well, or past their prime?

Thoughts?

They are smoking well mate! You should get one box! Btw, would you mind to PM the vendor site to me? I would like to get one box of 08 Bolivar Royal Corona too. Thanks in advance! ^_^

Guest Nekhyludov
12 hours ago, mwaller said:

Moot point.  Vendor is out of stock... Not sure if I was too late, or it was simply an error. 

I saw that same code list - noticed some VERY appealing codes and placed an order. But when it came time to ship, all the codes were different. (!?) I'll be curious to see how the quality is in the box I ended up with.

I had placed an order yesterday for the 08 box code. Right after that they disappeared from the website, and this morning I count a cancellation email (I had asked that the order be cancelled if the code was not available).

If any of you managed to snag one and want to split off a fiver, please let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Stogieninja said:

I had placed an order yesterday for the 08 box code. Right after that they disappeared from the website, and this morning I count a cancellation email (I had asked that the order be cancelled if the code was not available).

If any of you managed to snag one and want to split off a fiver, please let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm curious... were they listed as vintage cigars on the vendor's site?

23 hours ago, Stogieninja said:

No, I checked the vintage section to make sure before I ordered.

So it was in the regular stock section and you just requested the code on the list? I have a feeling it was in the vintage section while it was still in stock, but he gets some serious traffic, and any TEB 08 cigars are going to be scooped up mighty quick. Those things were probably gone days before the OP even saw them.

That's common with this vendor. I see stuff all the time on the code list that isn't on the site. When I ask him (or used to--I learned years ago) he'll say if it ain't on the site it's out of stock. And of course, if there's stuff on the site not on the code list frequently, often because the site ostensibly updates after lists are generated. I don't believe his code lists are updated more than weekly or even bi-weekly. I try not to bug him for one more than every month or so.

Interestingly, the only Monte 5 25s he shows in stock are all from 2010, and they are not on the vintage page. He does have 2016 Monte 5 petacas though. These are pretty much eligible for vintage status.