5 Star Hotel in Havana to Open

The location is spectacular, that roof top area could be an amazing place to enjoy a cigar. If this is the same building im thinking of, they still have A LOT of work to do before it looks anything like those renderings. Are we going to see our first $1k per night rooms in Cuba?

If I remember correctly the sign was up I'm not sure If they broke ground or not.  I was very hung over and was driving down the malcecon and looked over and said "oh look new construction".  This was last week. 

Thought this video might of had it but stopped recording before the site IMG_3912.MOVIMG_3912.MOV

Edited by gmoney
Upload video

2 minutes ago, gmoney said:

If I remember correctly the sign was up I'm not sure If they broke ground or not.  I was very hung over and was driving down the malcecon and looked over and said "oh look new construction".  This was last week. 

@gmoney "rasing 3 kids" is a bit different than 'raising'... but I do suppose there is a bit of rasing in raising.

Haha this is true.  I do my best to troll my 14 yr old insta gram account by using hip millennial terms like "lit" ,"?" and "cash me outside how bout dat".   Thanks doe for catching my grammar error! ??

• Like 2

Another "holy cow" hotel for the Cuban military to milk ...

Gaviota is among the state-run companies under the umbrella of GAESA, a sprawling conglomerate run by the Cuban military. As a Cuban tourism enterprise, Gaviota’s portfolio includes 64 hotels and villas with more than 27,000 rooms in the 3, 4 and 5 star categories, marinas, a tour company and Transgaviota, a transportation services company.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/cuba/article131332444.html

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gmoney said:

Thought this video might of had it but stopped recording before the site IMG_3912.MOVIMG_3912.MOV

They broke ground on this a couple years ago.  When I was there in Nov '15, they were working on it 24/7.  By Nov '16, they were still working on it, but at a much more "Cuban" pace.  I am glad they preserved the North (and some of the West) facade of the original structure...I remember seeing it held up with scaffolding since my first trip in '98.  Nice to see it all coming together...I just hope they keep the price to stay there reasonable.

• Like 1