Best Food Combo paring for cigar....by chance?

I just smoked a Ramon Allones Small Club Corona that while normally good/great previously, it was just now epic.

I believe it was the combination of the Cabernet I had but most importantly the beef stew we had. My palate (I hate using that term/word) was just perfect for this cigar. What a great paring.

Do you have a meal that suits or is a favorite to have before your Habanos?

I've only gone by what it seemed was a food item NOT to have in addition to or too soon afterwards, and that's an  onion or garlic dish!  I LOVE those flavors and such, but am truly convinced of their interference with my wonderful tobacco essences!  :hungry:  :thumbsdwn:

• Like 3

18 hours ago, cigcars said:

I've only gone by what it seemed was a food item NOT to have in addition to or too soon afterwards, and that's an  onion or garlic dish!  I LOVE those flavors and such, but am truly convinced of their interference with my wonderful tobacco essences!  :hungry:  :thumbsdwn:

Cant agree more. My aunty makes a mean pasta with these fresh sort of pickled onions. I lit up a cigar after the meal, and it was terrible. The onion interfered big time. Tried the pasta again a week later without the onions, and the cigar afterward was perfect ?

I do enjoy watermelon midway through a large cigar. 

• Like 3

I usually don't eat while having a cigar but last year I had a steak with sautéed onions and mushrooms while at a higher-end cigar shop that serves food. It paired incredibly well with the Bolivar Coronas Gigantes I was smoking.

• Like 2

A good Mexican mole makes for a very nice meal to pair with a cigar evening. 

I don't usually eat anything while I smoke, but I have had a lot of nice post-meal cigars that I believe were enhanced by what I'd eaten. If I was going to gnosh on something while smoking, I think Brighton's suggestions would be good in terms of nuts, cheeses and cured meats. Well, the carelized figs and lavash crackers sounds pretty amazing too. :hungry:

• Like 2