Playa Del Carmen

Yup thanks. Bringing my own. If I do buy any, Rushman has a shop about 20 steps from the Royal.I just wish he was going to be down there. Many fond memories of sitting on his step smoking and drinking with him watching the world go by.

2 hours ago, madandana said:

Off to Playa for a week on Friday. Staying at the Royal where there is a cigar bar/Tiquilaria so,pretty excited. Anyone going to be in the area?

Stayed at the Royal for about 10 days last year!  The cigar bar is a bit small, more like a 7 seat bar under the stairs.  BUT it does have tons of comfy seating around the area to enjoy a cigar and is nice to be around a Cigar Bar where people will be more accepting of cigar smoke.  They also have a roller there as well to roll for you as well.  Regardless of the cigar bar, I highly suggest you bring your own cigars.  The cigars they have for sale are slim to none, while the LCDH that is easily walkable is VERY pricey for what they have.   Tons of places to smoke though, like I said, and a very enjoyable Resort!  My favorite was while laying in the hammock that each room has on the balcony/patio.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up Danny,

I was there 5 years ago but don't remember the different smoking areas. Where are some of the others?It looks like the cigar bar opens at 5pm but I'm assuming since it's outside you could still go sit there and smoke before it opens? I know you can always smoke on the beach but it's usually to windy. I'm bringing a lot of smokes as I'm going with several BOTLS. 

• 2 months later...

Fake Cubans everywhere.  Our resort (Barceló) sold fakes.  Got a great Punch Punch and Edmundo Dantes at the LCDH though.  Expensive.

If you go to Barceló, be prepared for crowds and marginal service.  Long waits at check out AND check in.  They have low quality and mid quality hooch - specify mid-quality.

Even though signs say you can't reserve lounge chairs by pools, you have to of else they are all gone.

Make dinner (restaurant) reservations early.

Avoid the gift shop - shocking level of rip off prices and poor service

Family will be staying in playa del carmen in June. I'll probably be staring at cuba, which is an hour away, the whole trip. But this trip is for fathers sake. He wants to introduce the new girlfriend (who is younger than i am). What could go wrong eh?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SenorPerfecto said:

I'll be down there next week! Would love to meet up for a smoke (I'm with a large group of nonsmokers so I'll have to find a time to sneak off).

Also would love to find a box of Edmundo Dantes that's not stratospherically pricey.

When I was there last month they had singles at the LCDH but they were stupid expensive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I’m still in Cancun till tomorrow but did stop at lcdh here. The price are double plus. They did have a decent selection, the done side is you can’t see the date codes as it’s covered in that huge gov sticker to stop smoking. I ended buying 6 sticks and believe I ended up with a fake siglo 6 due to the inconsistency in the band. My wife liked the mojito but also a premium price. Anymore questions pm me. 

On 4/26/2017 at 10:27 AM, uscmd310 said:

Family will be staying in playa del carmen in June. I'll probably be staring at cuba, which is an hour away, the whole trip. But this trip is for fathers sake. He wants to introduce the new girlfriend (who is younger than i am). What could go wrong eh?

Hmmmmmm....

Drooling over the possible future step mom....  Happened to me once