Turk & Caicos trip

Hi All,

Travelling to Turk & Caicos next week and I was wondering if anybody had recently went and bought cigars there.

I'm curious about which stores had good selection of Habanos and how the pricing would compare to pricing in Cuba.

Any info welcome, cheers!

I wouldn't go with much expectations of bringing home a huge haul.  I was there in 2014 and stayed in the Grace Bay / Providenciales area.  There were a few shops who had some stand-up humidors with some Cuban standards.  Didn't inspect closely enough to determine if they were legit or not.  There was a small place on Grace Bay road with their own local brand.  I had sampled and I don't recall it being anything to get excited about.  Defiantly bring your own supply for smoking during the trip.  

Wonderful place, probably the most amazing beaches and turquoise water I have ever seen in my experience.  Fantastic restaurants.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

The few years ago which i was there, everything I came across was fake.

The store, which everyone pointed out as the place to buy, which also happened to supply all the hotel's, sold fakes. 

the owner didn't even know what Behike was!!!

Take your own.

• Like 1

Going there for business and already bringing my girlfriend in the suitcase ?

I read that the duty free shop at the airport was legit and had a reasonable selection but no mention of pricing. I'll gather firsthand intel and report back to you guys. Cheers!

43 minutes ago, Jeanff said:

I read that the duty free shop at the airport was legit and had a reasonable selection but no mention of pricing. I'll gather firsthand intel and report back to you guys. Cheers!

I'd love to hear your intel as I'm going there in early March

17 hours ago, Jeanff said:

I don't recall seeing much in the way in the duty free shops there either.  The Providenciales airport is a very small airport.  I remember getting a bottle of Zacapa XO from duty free there but didn't see anything in regards to cigars.  Definitely bring you own and maybe you get lucky finding something.  

• 2 weeks later...

Back to the hard reality of ice and snow after a week in Turk & Caicos. Had a great time, ate a lot of conch and had awesome grooper and snapper.

The few cigars I came across in shops were definitely fake. The Providenciales airport duty free shop had a little walk-in humidor with a few unopened boxes of CCs and NCs. They seem to sell primarily singles... inspected a box of Monte 1 and a box of CoRo and they looked good enough to take back.

Definitely not a place you go specifically for cigars but managed not to come home empty handed ?