Bolivar coronas extra: LAG nov 10: discontinued cigar review weekend

At cold:

Earth, mushroom, slight leather, moss, musty

b216d98751c0f62df7b3c52bbbfd7454.jpg

1st - first few puffs is a slight cream and light hay.

Quicky changes to earth on palate and pepper through the nose and back of the throat. Builds to full bodied quickly also.

White glaky ash. Great draw. Lots of smoke volume but it isnt a thick amoke if that makes sense. A bit wispy but lots of it.

Slight lemon rind flavour also.

2nd- pepper though nose persists. Black pepper.

Bit of cooked mushroom. Mainly the earthy core and pepper.

75e82a17737cb57878be6008051fca8a.jpg

3rd- slight bread dough.

Greeny flavour, muddy, earthy. Forest floor if im being nice. Earth/pepper core remains.

Overall this was not to my taste. It was a bit grubby. Admittedly im not a huge fan of earthy cigars preferring a sweet or a leathery flavour. The spice through the nose was nice but way too earthy for me and the flavour did not match the body of the cigar.

Still, a nice format and im sure many would enjoy this flavour profile.

Not tasty but somewhat interesting so I would give this an 81-82.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Great review Ben this cigar is sorely missed by a lot of people 

• Like 1

Great review. Always nice to see the venerable BCE.

I recall smoking a few BCE from 08-10 and I was not impressed. It seems they may not have improved after 6 years, anyway. You never know what 10+ years can do to a cigar, so perhaps it's not a write-off yet, but your results are a bit discouraging.

24 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Great review. Always nice to see the venerable BCE.

I recall smoking a few BCE from 08-10 and I was not impressed. It seems they may not have improved after 6 years, anyway. You never know what 10+ years can do to a cigar, so perhaps it's not a write-off yet, but your results are a bit discouraging.

Got some TEB '08s from the dress box that were/are some of the best I ever had! From my experience, the late run of dressboxes was wunderful, even fresh. Will have to revisit soon, not sure whether I got a '10 box.

7 hours ago, Fugu said:

Got some TEB '08s from the dress box that were/are some of the best I ever had! From my experience, the late run of dressboxes was wunderful, even fresh. Will have to revisit soon, not sure whether I got a '10 box.

I know the ones I had then were not the legendary TEB 07/08 code. They were late 08-10. I'm not surprised that the ones you had were great. I recall thinking when they cut them that at least they weren't going out strong--unlike the BCG and HUPC today.

• Like 1