Trinidads

Have I read the discontinued cigar list correctly;

Trinidads - Reyes - 25 gone

"    - Coloniales - 25 gone

Note:  Thought the Reyes / Coloiales / Fundadores come in boxes of 24 sticks per box!

What am I missing?

6 minutes ago, kuma said:

Have I read the discontinued cigar list correctly...

Not exactly...

Boli Tubos 1--Gone
Boli Corona Gigantes--Gone
CCE--5 by 5 Cardboard Packs Gone
Siglo 5-- 5 by 5 Cardboard Packs Gone
HUPC-Gone
HDM Du Prince--Gone
JLP Cremas--Gone
JLP Petit Cetros--Gone
Monte 1--10 boxes gone
Monte 3--10 boxes gone
Monte Pet 2--Cardboard 15 packs gone
Monte Tubos--C. Pack of 15 Tubos gone
Monte Pet Tubos--Cboard 10 Tubos gone
Part Cor Sen.---Cboard 15 Tubos gone
Punch DC--50 Cabs Gone
Punch Punch--50 Cabs Gone
Punch Royal Coron--Gone
RG Perlas--5 by 5 Cardboard Gone
RYJ--Cedros Deluxe 1--Gone
RYJ--Los Tres Romeos--Gone
RYJ--PC--5 by 5 Cardboard Gone
RYJ--Petite Julieta--5 by 5 Cardb. Gone
Trinidad Reyes-5 by 5 Cardboard Gone
Trinidad Colonial--5 by 5 Cardboard Gone
VR Don Alejandro--Gone

• Like 1

Thanks gents sure would miss the Reyes,  more so than the Colonials.  If they (Habanos) would put

a little more love into the Colonials they would be in my rotation 24:7.  But for now enjoying the

little pigtailed Reyes.

1 hour ago, mwaller said:

I may be in the minority, but I have not yet found a Trinidad that I enjoy.  I have a 24 box of Coloniales and a 5x5 of Reyes.  Both are harsh and full of ammonia.  

Sound like young cigars brother. What's the box code on them 

47 minutes ago, mwaller said:

I may be in the minority, but I have not yet found a Trinidad that I enjoy.  I have a 24 box of Coloniales and a 5x5 of Reyes.  Both are harsh and full of ammonia.  

I was in the same boat until a few years ago. Not that I've become a lover of the marca, but I have had some recent Trini that I've found very good and very enjoyable in the Reyes and Coloniales (which is a great vitola).

The key, I think, is that Trini really cannot be bought blind and I think that it's very important to try and chase good periods. Not necessarily codes per se, but there are certain windows of good Trini in 3-6 month periods. When they're running good is the time to scoop them up. Rob is great at picking the spots on good Trini and I'd pretty much only buy Trini from him.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CaptainQuintero said:

I'm not bothered about cardboard packs going, don't like the impact it has on cigars in the medium to long term. 

I'd like to see tins brought in instead though, ala the Upmann half Corona. The idea should be rolled out across all marcas imo

This. It's so convenient to carry those little tins with HUHC or Monte Media Coronas (fit HUHC tins perfectly) around! Would be nice to see panetelas and petit coronas follow that path. I found a tin of NC Monte platinum short smokes and now use it for Petit Quinteros. Super handy when sticking in the jeans pocket.

• Like 1

Just had an April '16 coloniales yesterday and although young, definitely showed some promise with good flavors throughout. I wouldn't give up on them just yet.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1