Trip To New Orleans

There a bunch of cigar places in the french quarter and yes you can smoke on the streets.  The recent smoking ban in bars means a lot of people are out front smoking these days. For Better singles (at a premium price) head to Smoke on the Water.

Mayan imports (on magazine street) has an impressive walk-in humi and a courtyard on the street to smoke.

Dos Jefes is a cigar bar with Music that gets some good shows.  I know some guys that like it but I have never been.

I live in New Orleans so if you are looking for any other recommendations shoot me a DM and I can hook you up.

• Like 2

You can walk around anywhere in New Orleans and smoke.  Up until about a year ago, you could smoke in the bars, especially those in the French Quarter.  Unfortunately, the Nanny State has taken over the city council and outlawed smoking in the bars.

There are two cigar bars in or near the French Quarter,  Both are pretty decent.  La Habana Hemingway Cigar Bar is on Toulouse Street.  Don Leoncio Cigar Bar is in the 400 block of Canal, and it is an easy walk from Bourbon Street.  Do a Google search for cigar bars in New Orleans for the details, websites, and locations.

Enjoy.  My wife and I go over 4-5 times a year.  It's a 2 hour drive for us from Mobile.  Lots of great food and the people watching is something else.  Be careful where you go in the French Quarter after dark.  It's not as safe as it used to be.

6 minutes ago, busdriver said:

There a bunch of cigar places in the french quarter and yes you can smoke on the streets.  The recent smoking ban in bars means a lot of people are out front smoking these days. For Better singles (at a premium price) head to Smoke on the Water.

Mayan imports (on magazine street) has an impressive walk-in humi and a courtyard on the street to smoke.

Dos Jefes is a cigar bar with Music that gets some good shows.  I know some guys that like it but I have never been.

I live in New Orleans so if you are looking for any other recommendations shoot me a DM and I can hook you up.

Forgot about Dos Jefes, although it's not in the Quarter.  There are also several cigar shops in the Quarter that I forgot to mention, and at least a couple of them I can think of have seating to stay and smoke, but don't serve alcohol. The cigar bars I mentioned do serve alcohol, including wine, but you will pay top prices for very small drinks. 

Thanks gents. I'm bringing a bunch of sticks with me and am staying close to Jackson square I believe(royal Omni). Big dinner at Murials that Saturday night, hope the food is good there. I haven't been to New Orleans since I turned 21 about 13 years ago and I remember very little of that trip. 

2 hours ago, Mattb82 said:

Thanks gents. I'm bringing a bunch of sticks with me and am staying close to Jackson square I believe(royal Omni). Big dinner at Murials that Saturday night, hope the food is good there. I haven't been to New Orleans since I turned 21 about 13 years ago and I remember very little of that trip. 

Muriels is a really cool place and when I have been there the food is great.  Plus the location is fantastic!  

cigarfactoryneworleans.com.   .........x2.......

be sure to try the Cameroon torpedo.

three wrappers and one filler blending is rare enough,these folks do it right.

There are probably a couple new blends, been a while since I had one of these....................

4 hours ago, cosmoker said:

If you are wanting to try some local cigars hit up cigarfactoryneworleans.com. They have IMO some great cigars. 

Definitely!! 

Cigar Factory is a must, you can bring your own and buy cigars. They have rolling at all times, and their cigars are quite good... especially the Lanceros in natural. 

14 hours ago, Mattb82 said:

Work related trip to New Orleans in two weeks. Any great cigar spots there I should hit? I'm assuming being the French quarter I can just walk around smoking as well 

We haven't had this conversation yet but I am a huge fan of the Big Easy! Was just down there a year ago with the wife. Used to go for fun 3-4 times a year back in the day.