Special Cigar LCDH Cabo

My soon to be wife is going to her bachelorette party in Cabo San Lucas and has agreed to bring me back a few nice cigars for our big day later this year. I'm curious to know what the married guys smoked on their wedding day and what you would pick for a special cigar in 2017?

28 minutes ago, Jfeath74 said:

My soon to be wife is going to her bachelorette party in Cabo San Lucas and has agreed to bring me back a few nice cigars for our big day later this year. I'm curious to know what the married guys smoked on their wedding day and what you would pick for a special cigar in 2017?

So before we get to cigars to buy. Please make sure that the soon to be Mrs. knows that NO MATTER WHAT they tell her she does not want cigars from someone's brother, mother, uncle, sister, husband who knows a guy!  She is smart...heck she is marrying you right?! But that just has to be said. 

Depending on the price and quantity you want to buy ("few nice" could mean 2 or 50)  you will probably get some fantastic suggestions shortly.

My suggestion...tell her to get you 2. Pick a cigar you like. No matter what happens or the condition they are in when they get back it is the thought that counts and not too much money risked. 

NOW go buy a nice box from http://www.cuntint.com/shop/ for your wedding!

What do you smoke normally?

At my wedding I had a couple of boxes of Monte 4's I bought back then from Thomas Hinds in Toronto. Soon after I found Stagnetto...and here we are!

Congrats by the way.

Mexican prices at LCDH are crazy high.  Lots of temptation to save a lot of money by buying the glasstop Cohibas.  Don't do it. 

A friend, who is also a fellow cigar smoker, brought me back some Dantes from a Mexican LCDH.  It was about the only thing I wanted but it was expensive.

Also consider that on your wedding day you will not have a lot of time.  Nevermind trying to find time to enjoy a nice cigar.  Save it for the honeymoon or anniversary.  If you do want to get a box of cigars for the guys and gals then maybe a short, small inexpensive stick.  I've been to a more than a few weddings with 1/2 smoked or 3/4 smoked Cohibas filling up the ashtray.

1 minute ago, Baldy said:

I've been to a more than a few weddings with 1/2 smoked or 3/4 smoked Cohibas filling up the ashtray.

Sometimes don't you wish you were homeless so you could gather those up and smoke them later!? 

No...I guess not but the thought crossed my mind just now.

I've stressed the importance of only buying from LCDH and I have a little travel humidor she's going to take to protect them. I was thinkIng 2-4 killer singles for the wedding day itself. I see the LCDH has the Cohiba Robusto Supremo, before I saw that I was thinking a Behike, I've had neither of these. I don't want all cohiba though, maybe a LCDH exclusive or non cohiba EL. I don't see aged stock online so basically looking for recomendations of the best of the best right now. I love the siglo lines and typically gravitate towards medium to full cigars such as bolivar, partagas and RA, but I have only had standard production cigars.

Nothing wrong with regular production besides missing a band or two.  The Robusto Supreme is a great smoke to my taste buds equivalent to a Behike to my taste buds.  What it is to you, you will not know until you try one. If you manage the time to fit in a Robusto Supreme or Behike on your wedding day, I'd be impress.  Good on you.

2 minutes ago, Baldy said:

Nothing wrong with regular production besides missing a band or two.  The Robusto Supreme is a great smoke to my taste buds equivalent to a Behike to my taste buds.  What it is to you, you will not know until you try one. If you manage the time to fit in a Robusto Supreme or Behike on your wedding day, I'd be impress.  Good on you.

I've got Cohiba Secretos for the reception, the misses will kill me if I go off more them a few minutes at a time. I wanted something real nice for the morning of, morning after, honeymoon, etc. 

31 minutes ago, Baldy said:

Mexican prices at LCDH are crazy high.  Lots of temptation to save a lot of money by buying the glasstop Cohibas.  Don't do it. 

A friend, who is also a fellow cigar smoker, brought me back some Dantes from a Mexican LCDH.  It was about the only thing I wanted but it was expensive.

Also consider that on your wedding day you will not have a lot of time.  Nevermind trying to find time to enjoy a nice cigar.  Save it for the honeymoon or anniversary.  If you do want to get a box of cigars for the guys and gals then maybe a short, small inexpensive stick.  I've been to a more than a few weddings with 1/2 smoked or 3/4 smoked Cohibas filling up the ashtray.

I got a great beach vendor in Mexico, $5 eplendidos! Only kidding, I know about that fakes, LCDH only. I didn't realize the prices were out of control though, I know Canada is bad but was hoping Mexico was reasonable. This may throw a wrench in my plan causing me to stick to regular productions. Far from a problem but I may splurge and pick up a few high end individuals to celebrate with  

The price of behikes seems to have sky rocketed recently with the dip in supply, I've also heard bad things about recent production. 

I would recommend just going for whatever your favourite cigar is as you know you will enjoy it. If you want something extra special then pick up a recent LE. They seem to have had good feedback and it will feel like a special occasion. I've not had a robusto supremo and looking at prices for a single in the UK (which are eye-watering!) I don't think I will get a chance to, they are/were popular though. 

I think Mexican taxes on cigars are 100%.  I recommend the Dante Mexican regional and prices on Bolivar Super Corona 2014 LE were most inline with other LCDHs.  If she is at all into mojitos, have them make her one.  Pretty darn good there.  I am talking about J&J's.  Only place to go in Cabo in my opinion.

Not to be a downer here but if I were you I would get something short and one that you don't feel bad pitching if need be. I thought I would have time when I got married in 2013 to smoke a cigar at my wedding. Between photos, speeches, dinner, dancing and trying to talk to all that came to celebrate with me I barely had the chance to sit down, let alone smoke. Also, even though my misses is a cool lady, somehow I don't think she would of been cool with me and my stank breath after having a stogie if there was the opportunity. 

Alternatively, you could get something special for your bachelor party. Just a suggestion.

Congratulations on the wedding in advance!

• Like 1

I would agree that the only thing worth bringing back from the LCDH in Cabo is the Edmond Dantes if they are in stock.  I think I got Dippy 2 and and HDM1 and it was around $40 USD when I was there two summers ago.  I think I read that the tax on cigars in Mexico is around 150%.  Even Duty Free at the airport had crazy high prices compared to this site.  

That said the LCDH is a great shop.  They have a great bar and it would be a great stop even for the Girl on the Bachelor Party.  They have an excellent Tequila selection and their staff knows how to make great drinks.  When I was there my wife came with me while I was to enjoy a cigar.  While there, we began talking to some other people and some guy ended up buying us glasses of 1942 all night long.   My wife ended up having an great night too!  It was probably the one thing I will remember about my 40th birthday!  That and the dinner before at the Patagonia Steakhouse up the street!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, brschoppe said:

I would agree that the only thing worth bringing back from the LCDH in Cabo is the Edmond Dantes if they are in stock.  I think I got Dippy 2 and and HDM1 and it was around $40 USD when I was there two summers ago.  I think I read that the tax on cigars in Mexico is around 150%.  Even Duty Free at the airport had crazy high prices compared to this site.  

That said the LCDH is a great shop.  They have a great bar and it would be a great stop even for the Girl on the Bachelor Party.  They have an excellent Tequila selection and their staff knows how to make great drinks.  When I was there my wife came with me while I was to enjoy a cigar.  While there, we began talking to some other people and some guy ended up buying us glasses of 1942 all night long.   My wife ended up having an great night too!  It was probably the one thing I will remember about my 40th birthday!  That and the dinner before at the Patagonia Steakhouse up the street!

Dude that girl of yours is a keeper!