Smoking at your cigar lounge

I recently noticed that when I smoke my Cubans at the cigar lounge, I enjoy them less. Last night while out with a friend, I felt like I was trying force my pallet to notice the flavors while chit chatting. Not to mention it was an H Upmann Magnum 56 pictured below. It wasn't a good combo and I was pissed to say the least. Waste of a cigar. Could have been a dud but the flavors were muted or at least that's what I thought. It's to the point now where I may as well just smoke NC's when I'm not home. Perhaps it's too many distractions or aroma from other cigars? Anyone else share the same feelings? IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161230/3404d1bb1362791b4533247c781df6aa.jpg[/img]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Slyclient said:

I recently noticed that when I smoke my Cubans at the cigar lounge, I enjoy them less. Last night while out with a friend, I felt like I was trying force my pallet to notice the flavors while chit chatting. Not to mention it was an H Upmann Magnum 56 pictured below. It wasn't a good combo and I was pissed to say the least. Waste of a cigar. Could have been a dud but the flavors were muted or at least that's what I thought. It's to the point now where I may as well just smoke NC's when I'm not home. Perhaps it's too many distractions or aroma from other cigars? Anyone else share the same feelings? IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161230/3404d1bb1362791b4533247c781df6aa.jpg[/img]

I would say I enjoy the "flavors" more while alone as well...although I am lousy conversation I've discovered.

• Like 1

I too have found I enjoy my CC better when I'm relaxed in the backyard with either my coffee in the morning or some type of drink in the evening after a good meal.   Its my 'quiet' time and no better time this that to enjoy my stogie.   

I find that I enjoy the cigar less when I'm doing something else too.  

Good conversation with fellow cigar enthusiasts is about the only exception.  I wonder if all the other second hand smoke affected the flavors of your Upmann.  I would think second hand smoke would impact the flavors regardless of the cigar you were enjoying.

I find that I enjoy the cigar less when I'm doing something else too.  

Good conversation with fellow cigar enthusiasts is about the only exception.  I wonder if all the other second hand smoke affected the flavors of your Upmann.  I would think second hand smoke would impact the flavors regardless of the cigar you were enjoying.

I'm curious about the aroma about the other cigars as well those upmann's are stellar and I store them appropriately.

It's to the point now where I may as well just smoke NC's when I'm not home. Perhaps it's too many distractions or aroma from other cigars? Anyone else share the same feelings?

Yep, same here! I've experienced this many times, that's one reason I keep some NCs on hand. I keep my precious cigars for when I can focus and truly immerse myself into the experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, RWhiz said:

I wonder if all the other second hand smoke affected the flavors of your Upmann.  I would think second hand smoke would impact the flavors regardless of the cigar you were enjoying.

This just happened yesterday at my B&M...3 other gents and one guy went through 2 DC's in like an hour and a half.  It was Chernobyl like. Way toooo much smoke for me.

• Like 1

Yep, same here! I've experienced this many times, that's one reason I keep some NCs on hand. I keep my precious cigars for when I can focus and truly immerse myself into the experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate to say it but when I'm in these situations, NC'S tend to deliver for me. Especially ones that are full bodied and full strength.

I have not smoked in a lounge before. So I can't say I have experienced this. However, I would say some of the best cigars I have smoked have been in the company of others. I find I take my time more this way. When I smoke alone I tend to smoke too fast, maybe it is because I get a little bored. 

• Like 1

My favorite smoking time is hanging out at my tobacco shop smoking with my friends. However when I'm smoking while working at the shop I feel I waste the experience. I tend to only smoke small cigars when I'm by myself,but they alaways seem to be the most memorable.

• Like 1

I enjoy smoking with fellow cigar enthusiasts quite a bit, especially when we are smoking the same cigar.  We'll typically engage in normal conversation and take a break to discuss the flavors we're getting, etc.  My preferred lounge in Amarillo, TX happens to be a lounge that frowns upon Cuban cigars, even when I make a few NC purchases from the establishment before I light up my Cuban.  I will never understand that...

• Like 1

I enjoy smoking with fellow cigar enthusiasts....be a lounge that frowns upon Cuban cigars, even when I make a few NC purchases from the establishment before I light up my Cuban.  I will never understand that...

I can relate to this...wait till the gates open. Oh wait then I'll never go there.

It will be like when someone says "hey you heard that new band Queen with "Another one bites the dust" and I can only hum "Nevermore" from Queen 2

Or something like that.
  • Like 1