Need help!

I have smoked quit a few cigars as of late. I have found the CC's to start off perfect then I run into a wind tunnel!  I see a hole in the center of the cigar and can't get a good draw.  Mostly air!  Keep in mind, it not the whole cigar just parts. 

Temp and humidity controls are perfect. Setup was done with pigfish!

ill try to attach a photo or two.  Thanks

image.jpg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

27 minutes ago, thecapo said:

I have smoked quit a few cigars as of late. I have found the CC's to start off perfect then I run into a wind tunnel!  I see a hole in the center of the cigar and can't get a good draw.  Mostly air!  Keep in mind, it not the whole cigar just parts. 

Temp and humidity controls are perfect. Setup was done with pigfish!

ill try to attach a photo or two.  Thanks

image.jpg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Sorry brother, smoked my fair share of similiar sticks. Not sure that there is much that can be done to remedy that. It's a symptom of bad construction. I say toss it, and hope for a better experience with the  next one.

-cheers

• Like 1

I too, don't think you can fix a poorly constructed cigar my friend. I hope you are well by the way!

Have you tried crushing? No, don't laugh, I am serious...

Many of these types of cigars get very playable when hot. They are missing a core of tobacco, improper filing is the most notable problem.

If you are ready to risk the stick, get it hot, find the soft spot and crush it with your fingers! This in essence 'can' redistribute the airways by stopping up the major hole. This is important because that major hole (airway) will get hotter and draw combustion up into a portion of the cigar not ready to be burned and further exacerbate your problem.

I have never heard of another using the method. I figure I pioneered it. It does not always work, but sometimes it does and allows the rest of the cigar to be smoked if the cigar has a pleasant, and provides an otherwise overall good smoking experience. If crushing does not work, tossing does! That is my final step!

Best to you my friend! -Ray

PS... What are you doing with those damn NC cigars anyway??? Shame on you!!! -LOL

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, PigFish said:

I too, don't think you can fix a poorly constructed cigar my friend. I hope you are well by the way!

Have you tried crushing? No, don't laugh, I am serious...

Many of these types of cigars get very playable when hot. They are missing a core of tobacco, improper filing is the most notable problem.

If you are ready to risk the stick, get it hot, find the soft spot and crush it with your fingers! This in essence 'can' redistribute the airways by stopping up the major hole. This is important because that major hole (airway) will get hotter and draw combustion up into a portion of the cigar not ready to be burned and further exacerbate your problem.

I have never heard of another using the method. I figure I pioneered it. It does not always work, but sometimes it does and allows the rest of the cigar to be smoked if the cigar has a pleasant, and provides an otherwise overall good smoking experience. If crushing does not work, tossing does! That is my final step!

Best to you my friend! -Ray

PS... What are you doing with those damn NC cigars anyway??? Shame on you!!! -LOL

Ray: 

All is well. NO NC!!!!!  Haven't had one in 2yrs. Thanks for the input and I will give it a try. 

Your system is is running flawlessly!

Thanks buddy. 

I hate a canoeing cigar!

To my mind, It can only be poor construction or poor blend (volado heavy). 

Same box or from different boxes of same or different cigar? Let us know. 

Given it is Cuban, it is highly unlikely many from the same box are rolled by the same person. In that case it is likely the blend. 

Let us know the cigar and the box code if you can.  

1 minute ago, El Presidente said:

I hate a canoeing cigar!

To my mind, It can only be poor construction or poor blend (volado heavy). 

Same box or from different boxes of same or different cigar? Let us know. 

Given it is Cuban, it is highly unlikely many from the same box are rolled by the same person. In that case it is likely the blend. 

Let us know the cigar and the box code if you can.  

There are a few different boxes. I will post a list of them with codes. 

PS: all came for OZ. 

thanks Rob. 

1 minute ago, thecapo said:

There are a few different boxes. I will post a list of them with codes. 

That is weird mate. 

I smoke more fresh cigars than most and my hit rate on a canoeing cigar would be 1-2 in 100. 

Let's see if we can work out why it is happening. 

I don't see the kind of hole pictured very often, certainly not recently. I've also very rarely had a cigar whose draw characteristics changed drastically during the cigar.

Looks like you got real unlucky with some bad construction...

Edited by NSXCIGAR

1 hour ago, thecapo said:

Ray: 

All is well. NO NC!!!!!  Haven't had one in 2yrs. Thanks for the input and I will give it a try. 

Your system is is running flawlessly!

Thanks buddy. 

...sorry mate! I don't know why I read that as NC...! It must be a reality shift in the universe as described in another thread... -LOL Carry on! -R

6 minutes ago, Fugu said:

Seen that Lasioderma gigantea perhaps crawling through your stash?

Thank god NO!

everything is keeper at 67f. I hope that would keep them away.