Need some guidance and advice on my Wineador/ Cigarcooler setup

CigarSeeker

Just need an advice and opinions of the experts that "have been there done that" ..

My current setup is a Whynter CHC-251S. It's pretty much a wine cooler with shelves and drawers. To maintain humidity I use (2) Xikar crystal humidifiers that I fill up with PG solution. I maintain humidity at 67 but I'm getting tired of filling those things up and humidity sometimes doesn't seem so stable.. Maybe because I keep adding boxes? Lol ... I was looking and found the Hydra Personal Series humidifier .. Looks like it has decent reviews. Would this be a better method or way to go? I appreciate any help and advice you can give me.. Cheers.

My Whynter CHC-251S

image_14.jpeg

Xikar crystal humidifier

image_17.jpeg

Hydra Personal series electric humidifier

image_16.jpeg

I have heard a lot of good things about thee CigarSpa humidifier. One can set the RH from 55% to 75% and the water needs to be refilled every 4 months or so. It's a bit pricey though, around 250€. It's made in Germany, here's a link to their website (in English):

http://www.cigarspa.de/de/

I have been playing with the thought to purchase one.

• Like 1

I'm no expert but it doesn't look that big. I would go with beads either heartfelt or hcm. Look at both and check reviews on here. I have some of each.

• Like 2

I have heard a lot of good things about thee CigarSpa humidifier. One can set the RH from 55% to 75% and the water needs to be refilled every 4 months or so. It's a bit pricey though, around 250. It's made in Germany, here's a link to their website (in English):

http://www.cigarspa.de/de/

I have been playing with the thought to purchase one.

Looks good, a bit hard to purchase in the States. Also, from what I'm reading it's good for up to 200 cigars. That might not be enough for me and purchasing two of those is about $800.

Looks good, a bit hard to purchase in the States. Also, from what I'm reading it's good for up to 200 cigars. That might not be enough for me and purchasing two of those is about $800.

Yes, that's a little high. One can purchase quite a few nice cigars for that amount...

I'm no expert but it doesn't look that big. I would go with beads either heartfelt or hcm. Look at both and check reviews on here. I have some of each.

I'm with brother Mamba! ok.gif Spend $30 to $40 on beads and you are good to go for years. I haven't added water to mine for over a year and it is rock solid at 62-63%.

• Like 2

Kitty litter as in beads?

Kitty litter as in kitty litter. I have used non-scented silica kitty litter in my humidors for years and went the same route with my wineador.

DE864166-9307-42E5-A26F-1259554BC97D_zps

• Like 1

Don't have a cat and never used kitty litter. Do you just add distilled water to it?

Put it in your wineador and see where your RH stabilizes and if its too low just mist the litter with DW.

I use about 2 Lbs of 70% Heartfelt beads in my 28 Bottle New aire. That's more than most would need, but the ambient humidity during the winter here is usually in the teens, and only maybe the 30s on average during the summers.

They maintain a steady 66% to 67% for 3 to 4 months before I need to re wet them. I've looked at going with a Hydra or Cigar Oasis "set and Forget" type system a couple times, but in the end I've just ended up buying another box of cigars.....