Why is "Real or Fake Box Cohiba Sublime LE 2004 . . . " Thread Locked?

RickHendeson

It wasn't half ass'ed at all. Im almost certain "Morgan" was checking a box he or somebody else made for accuracy.

If you look at the (most likely empty and fake) Partagas box in the first photo there is no embossed stamp on the front right.

In the blurry later pictures (probably of a real box) you can see this stamp. The "Habanos" font on the back was way off, a 4 letter factory code, also in the wrong font.

The story was certainly a bit shaky as well. Hopefully "Morgan" doesnt read this! This group a wealth of free info on the subject.

And the purpose was...?

No more tips for the potential faker to improve the next batch.

Re-hashing it here in a new thread kind of defeats the purpose of locking the original.....

I don't think I gave anything away above that wasn't already mentioned in the OP. Sketchy circumstances all around.

Is that more important than tips for potential buyers to avoid the fakes?

Good Question.

I just checked, for some reason Morgan's profile is still Active?

It would seem that removing that portion of the equation and letting us discuss (and Bash hungry.gifrotfl.gif ) amongst ourselves would be the best option.

From my quick reread of the rules, there seems to be enough cause for removal of the member. The mods thought the violations were egregious enough to lock the post......

Maybe OP really got duped though and he/she has been given the benefit of the doubt by our host/the mods. Lets hope that's the case.

I wasn't on when it got locked, but the instant I looked at the second set of photos I could tell something was up. The second set of photos show a completely different Partagas box than the first. Look for the burned on "Flor de Tobacos" stamp on the front.

Non existent in the first set of photos, but magically appears in the second.

The issue is more about the boxes than cigars. I agree neither box is terrible looking, at first. But the more you look, the more that changes.

As a poster in the original thread I was wondering myself.

Would have appreciated to know what was wrong, and if I could have missed something about the rules. I wasn't so sure about the honesty of the OP either, but after having checked his earlier posts, he appeared as having posted some genuine contributions. So, I really would have appreciated a brief info from the mods before locking up, in order to know whether perhaps something in these threads has to be treated in a different manner for the future...

If there really was a concern of providing expert info to counterfighters (ahem...feiters), then it would have been more consequent to remove the thread as a whole instead of just locking it.

Cheers

Paul

Good Question.

It would seem that removing that portion of the equation and letting us discuss (and Bash hungry.gifrotfl.gif ) amongst ourselves would be the best option.

From my quick reread of the rules, there seems to be enough cause for removal of the member. The mods thought the violations were egregious enough to lock the post......

Maybe OP really got duped though and he/she has been given the benefit of the doubt by our host/the mods. Lets hope that's the case.

Just because a thread gets locked doesn't mean that a member is going to get the boot. Threads get locked for all sorts of reasons.

Whilst I was not the mod that locked the thread, one of my fellow mods (or even Rob for that matter) thought action was warranted.

Good Question.

Yeah I'm not so sure hanging around for a couple of months and then opining who should or should not get kicked out of the forum is really in the spirit of the thing. This place is a little different than many of the other forums you may be accustomed to. Maybe listen and learn should be the order of the day?

Just because a thread gets locked doesn't mean that a member is going to get the boot. Threads get locked for all sorts of reasons.

Whilst I was not the mod that locked the thread, one of my fellow mods (or even Rob for that matter) thought action was warranted.

Yeah I'm not so sure hanging around for a couple of months and then opining who should or should not get kicked out of the forum is really in the spirit of the thing. This place is a little different than many of the other forums you may be accustomed to. Maybe listen and learn should be the order of the day?

Your both right!

I went back and looked at all the forum rules. I must have assumed it (Ass, U, Me) But no where in the rules is lying to or taking advantage of other members strictly prohibited. My apologies. I'll pipe down. ok.gif