Where to get cheap Bovidas?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can always recharge them on your own when they dry out if your concerned about price. There are some youtube videos on how to do it. I've done it twice and it seems to work well.

Drop them right into a bowl of distilled water and they will puff up in no time. After they've filled up, massage them gently so as to massage the chunks in them so that the salt solution is homogeneo

Soaking them directly in water tends to destroy the 2 way membrane, and leads to inaccurate packs. Friends and I have tested this method vs the osmosis method, and the latter seems to keep them workin

Certain popular online vendors will usually have them on Sale with free shipping offers. Just do a search on some of the more popular domestic sites. Usually comes out to be about $3/each. Rarely you'll find them for 50% off, but i've only seen that once or twice. Amazon will be a bit expensive.

• Like 1

The bovedainc.com usually does not have good prices

I will check where I bought my last bulk (few years now) and will let you know

Thanks I appreciate it.

I have also been buying from Amazon, as that was by far the cheapest I could find at £5 ($7.2 USD) per pack.

I was a little worried about buying in bulk. My concern is that the packaging of Bovedas seems very thin and flimsy, and it doesn't seem far fetched that the packaging could have a tiny split or break in it somewhere. If this is the case, I don't want my 50 packs sitting on a shelf being used up for nothing!

If anyone knows a cheaper source in the UK, please let me know.

Martin

PS I hope I haven't broken the rules with discussing prices - my understanding of the forum rules was that cigar vendors/prices should not be discussed.

I have also been buying from Amazon, as that was by far the cheapest I could find at £5 ($7.2 USD) per pack.

I was a little worried about buying in bulk. My concern is that the packaging of Bovedas seems very thin and flimsy, and it doesn't seem far fetched that the packaging could have a tiny split or break in it somewhere. If this is the case, I don't want my 50 packs sitting on a shelf being used up for nothing!

If anyone knows a cheaper source in the UK, please let me know.

Martin

PS I hope I haven't broken the rules with discussing prices - my understanding of the forum rules was that cigar vendors/prices should not be discussed.

if you're concerned about that just put them in a mason jar or some other air tight container and you should be fine.

• Like 1

You can always recharge them on your own when they dry out if your concerned about price. There are some youtube videos on how to do it.

I've done it twice and it seems to work well.

Ditto! Place them in a Ziplock container with a small cup of distilled water and in a couple weeks they're ready to go.

• Like 1

if you're concerned about that just put them in a mason jar or some other air tight container and you should be fine.

PM sent

You can always recharge them on your own when they dry out if your concerned about price. There are some youtube videos on how to do it.

I've done that before and it really works well but it takes a lot of time.

The best option is to use this method only if you have other Boveda packs to be used while the others get refilled.

• Like 1

There are vendors that ship Bovida's with their sticks. I have a small tupperware tub that I put them in, with a small sponge moistened with distilled water. I use a piece of plastic so that the sponge doesn't directly touch the Bovida packs. If you don't dry them out, this works fantastically and you can actually re-use them several times.

• Like 1

I have just been using bovedainc.com for the humidification bags to store my cc's they always include a 69% in there.

I have also bought from http://www.embargoscigars.com/#!humidification/eie7x I know the guy, and his prices aren't bad.

Never managed to recharge a boveda pack.

i put a mugg of water in together with the boveda packs in a air tight tupperware container, 6 weeks later and the boveda packs were still rock hard.

What am i doing wrong?

• Like 1

I think maybe you have to catch them before they dry out completely. Recharging may not work on totally dead Bovedas. I could be wrong - I'm sure someone else knows more about this than I do. smile.png

• Like 1

Drop them right into a bowl of distilled water and they will puff up in no time. After they've filled up, massage them gently so as to massage the chunks in them so that the salt solution is homogeneous again and will hold the listed rh level. Then put them in a ziplock doubled up for a day or too so the outsides completely dry out before you put them back into your humidor.

If you can, try to recharge them before they get chunky and, in my experience, they will last indefinitely.

• Like 3

I try to recharge them when I start to feel crystals forming inside the pack.

I've used the method where I soak a paper towel in distilled water ( an ounce or 2 worth), squeeze the excess water out so its damp, then wrap the Boveda pack inside the paper towel and place it in a ziplock bag. Seems to recharge fairly them quickly. No more than a couple days or less.

Got the method from this guys video. *https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PNrz6DufHg

Never managed to recharge a boveda pack.

i put a mugg of water in together with the boveda packs in a air tight tupperware container, 6 weeks later and the boveda packs were still rock hard.

What am i doing wrong?

I don't think youre doing anything wrong as I also have tried many times to recharge these and never succeeded. I don't think you can. And considering the price, I just buy new ones when I need them.

PM sent

I've done that before and it really works well but it takes a lot of time.

The best option is to use this method only if you have other Boveda packs to be used while the others get refilled.

It works best if you start before the pack in question gets crunchy. Once the salts have crystalized inside they seem to take much longer to rehydrate.