Local Market CC's

jwr0201

This is resurrected from a 2010 thread, so I figured it better to bring it up to date rather add on to a older thread.

Question is if these Local Market CC's are available to visitors to the island and has anyone tried them?

"The "fourth tier" consists of around half of the total production of Cuban cigars :
Those cigars destined for the local market only, hand-made with medium-short filler,
packaged in paper-wrapped bundles of 25, and sold individually in Cuban bodegas for the price of one National Peso."

I've tried El Credito, Moya, Reloba, El Coloso, Bauza. Different brands are made for different regions and with tobacco from different regions. They're not always available, even to locals, delivery is sporadic.

If you're wondering what they're like, light up a Quintero Breva or a JLP Cazador.

The last time I went to buy a bundle of 25 El Credito, the guy wasn't looking at me and I asked in Spanish, he said "one peso" then he looked at me, "6 pesos, no 10 pesos". I left them, I didn't have the constitution for haggling that morning. Tourists are normally charged 5-7 pesos for a bundle.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Have had El Credito and Reloba, though I've heard the bands don't necessarily reflect any specific blend.

Have to agree they taste like JLP. Awful!