Cohiba Siglo VI and Piramedes

SemperFumidus

They look pretty solid. The Piramides look a bit like Belicoso though. Until really having the cigar band in hand and looking for factory stamp with month and date it's hard to tell. I think enjoy them. The Siglio looks a bit generic but I'm no expert with them.

What shall we have? An '82 Margaux! Is it any good? Good....?, It will make you believe in God!

The boxes look legitimate. I take it that the box code is for the Piramides Extra cigars. What is the box code for the Siglo VI? If it's prior to mid-2014, those bands were not used on Siglo cigars at that time.

http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/brand.aspx?brand=Cohiba

My initial impressions were how strange it was that the Piramides Extra cigars' bands weren't uniformly level with each other, some are a little higher on the cigar towards the head, and some are marginally lower towards the foot. Otherwise, they look okay.

• Like 1

The boxes look legitimate. I take it that the box code is for the Piramides Extra cigars. What is the box code for the Siglo VI? If it's prior to mid-2014, those bands were not used on Siglo cigars at that time.

http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/brand.aspx?brand=Cohiba

My initial impressions were how strange it was that the Piramides Extra cigars' bands weren't uniformly level with each other, some are a little higher on the cigar towards the head, and some are marginally lower towards the foot. Otherwise, they look okay.

Hi JohnS,

The Sigolo box stamp is July 2015

The bands on the Piramides was one source of question. In the past, I have seen one or two where the bands were loose, but these were uniformly loose. Perhaps sometime in the humidor will fix this. I don't think it is an indictment necessarily as I think someone knocking off cigars would struggle for this kind of consistency. biggrin.png

Why do you doubt these? On quick first look, they look fine.

I mentioned the loose Piramedes bands already as one thing that seemed off.

Neither box had the authentication/serial numbers on them, yet the holographic side of the label seems spot on.

Supposedly a reliable source from a region/area not overly prominent for knockoffs, but I didn't hand them the money myself.

Aroma and construction seem very good on most cigars.

The Piramedes were in a sealed box. The Sigolo were not. I sense a mix and match box as a few towards the bottom were a little beaten up. Smoke-able, but not in as god of condition as others.

Hi JohnS,

The Sigolo box stamp is July 2015

The bands on the Piramides was one source of question. In the past, I have seen one or two where the bands were loose, but these were uniformly loose. Perhaps sometime in the humidor will fix this. I don't think it is an indictment necessarily as I think someone knocking off cigars would struggle for this kind of consistency. :D

The Piramides Extras had those bands from 2012 onwards. A possible explanation for the loose bands could be shrinkage due to dry storage conditions.

The Cohiba Siglo VI box code is legitimate for those bands. I would sample the cigars and go from there.

Just run the numbers on them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Serials were removed. So it's a grey market dealer who sold this to you.

Seems legit, from those pics, not exactly very clear pictures but they look alright. If you smoked them and they seem ok...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're keen about running numbers, i assume you can always find the microprint of the number easy enough? Even grey market warranty seals i imagine would still have the microprint on them. If your eyes aren't that good, then just use your phone to zoom in on the areas where the microprints are then numbers are easily visible through the phone.

http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/common_images/text/cws-2011-marked.jpg

It doesn't mean much though. Anyone can get a legit box, and anyone can get legit bands. Doesn't mean the cigars are real. There's only one way to know your cigars are real, that's to buy from a trusted source, and that's it.

If you're keen about running numbers, i assume you can always find the microprint of the number easy enough? Even grey market warranty seals i imagine would still have the microprint on them. If your eyes aren't that good, then just use your phone to zoom in on the areas where the microprints are then numbers are easily visible through the phone.

http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/common_images/text/cws-2011-marked.jpg

It doesn't mean much though. Anyone can get a legit box, and anyone can get legit bands. Doesn't mean the cigars are real. There's only one way to know your cigars are real, that's to buy from a trusted source, and that's it.

If you're that worried about your Habanos. You need better sources.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah? Scratched off the micro print?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Online/Grey Market Vendor I purchased from in the past removed all of the serial numbers, even the micro print ones. Most HSA authorized distributors don't want HSA to know to know they are unloading their "Less Desirable" stock into the grey Market.

I did recently receive a box of JLP Conservas with the serial numbers removed from my current vendor, its the first time I've seen it in a while. It struck me as a bit odd, I thought all JLP's were "Less Desirable" Stock. Hahaha