Hi all,

Hoping to get your thoughts on a box of Monte No.2s I bought recently. The microprint on the seal indicates a different serial number than the one just under the bar code. Also, when I enter the number (the one under the bar code) into the Habanos verification site, it comes up as a genuine box of RyJ short churchills! Lastly, the stamp on the bottom seems suspect. The factory code is LLN, which I believe is the code for the H. Upmann factory. To my knowledge, that factory isn't one where Monte No. 2s are manufactured. Lastly, although you can clearly make out the month, the year is illegible.

The cigars themselves look spot on though (i.e. the band, quality of wrapper, etc.), so I'm stumped. Not only that, but I thought the micro print on the seal is supposed to be a 'guarantee" of authenticity.

Any thoughts???

Some dubious things you got going on there. If you purchase from a reliable source (and do NOT mention on here who your source was) then you don't need to ever worry, or even look for these things. I've never even looked for a serial code, i trust whom i buy from.

Ok. My apologies for not following protocol, but honestly, grow up. With that said:

Hello friends!

Allow me to introduce myself. You can call me Nash, and I live in the Boston area. I'm new to the "forum thing" but not cigars. I look forward to learning from everyone and hope that I can pay it forward. Best......(even to the ****** bag with the Jester emoji)

Some dubious things you got going on there. If you purchase from a reliable source (and do NOT mention on here who your source was) then you don't need to ever worry, or even look for these things. I've never even looked for a serial code, i trust whom i buy from.

Found out about microprint here:

Amusing that when he goes to check the serial number in the vid, your website is already open in his browser! jester.gif

I wonder if he ever mentioned and give credit in any of the vids where he sourced all that anti-counterfeiting info?

Amusing that when he goes to check the serial number in the vid, your website is already open in his browser! jester.gif

I wonder if he ever mentioned and give credit in any of the vids where he sourced all that anti-counterfeiting info?

Joe actually does give credit to CCW at 7:06