Suggestions for single malt by region: $60-$110

Destino30

I guess you would need an incredible amount of experience to reply to this thread. A lot of people stick to what they like, and those regions span a wide variety of tastes. But fun idea anyway...

Take this with a grain of salt because I drink Islays on very limited occasions, and scotches seasonally.

Islay: It's real nice. Just really got to be in the mood for an Islay IMO,

https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/lagavulin/lagavulin-1995-bottled-2013-pedro-ximenez-cask-finish-distillers-edition/

Island: One of my all times. One of the greatest and most consistent whiskies.

https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/highland-park-18-year-old-whisky/

Speyside: It rates and reviews well, but not at the top. But it's my favorite scotch, or near favorite.

https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/glen-spey/glen-spey-21-year-old-2010-release-whisky/

Highland: Just posted this in the recent acquisitions thread, the Gordon and MacPhail 21 year Old Pulteney release. A new find and will keep in stock if I can.Not sure if it's m favorite highland all time, but it's at least close.

• Like 1

Glen Spey.........sold out

Highland Park.........quality has not kept up with huge price increase.I have had this one ,dim shadow of the old days........

Lagavulin in Pedro Ximinez? disturbing to think this is not a joke.I would try it,simply to find out.Buy it untasted? Never.

I would recommend:

Ardbeg.........Islay

Talisker........Island

Pulteny......Highland

• Like 1

Glen Spey.........sold out

Highland Park.........quality has not kept up with huge price increase.I have had this one ,dim shadow of the old days........

Lagavulin in Pedro Ximinez? disturbing to think this is not a joke.I would try it,simply to find out.Buy it untasted? Never.

I would recommend:

Ardbeg.........Islay

Talisker........Island

Pulteny......Highland

Ardbeg Uigeadail is one of my "go to" Islays. Like Laphroaig (where I choose the Triple Wood), I need something to temper the peat/smoke of the 10 year versions.

It's been too long since I tried any of the Taliskers. Is there any particular version that you suggest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been too long since I tried any of the Taliskers. Is there any particular version that you suggest?

Talisker 10 is a very enjoyable whisky and very good value on top.

The 18 is fantastic but if it's worth the higher price tag is a matter of individual opinion.

57° North is great as well, good example of what a good NAS should be like.

Because of negative reviews I haven't tried the Storm or Skye expressions so can't help you with that.

• Like 1

Not sure region but my suggestions by "styles" will be the following.

Sherried - Glendronach 15 Year Old, Glenfarclas 15 Year Old

Sherried Cask Strength/High Proof - Glenfarclas 105, Aberlour A'Bunadh

Peated - Longrow CV, Springbank 10 Year Old

Peated Cask Strength/High Proof - Talisker 57 North

Islay Peated - Laphroaig Quarter Cask, Lagavulin 16 Year Old

Islay Peated Cask Strength/High Proof - Ardbeg Uigeadail (also sherried), Caol Ila Cask Strength

"Coastal" - Bruichladdich the Laddie Ten

"Malt" - Hazelburn 12 Year Old, Kilkerran Work In Progress 5 Bourbon, Mortlach Special Reserve

"Malt" Cask Strength/High Proof - Glenlivet Nadurra 16 Year Old

"Light" - An Cnoc 12 Year Old

• Like 2

Guys - these are great suggestions. Much appreciated and keep them coming. I've not noticed anyone suggesting any that were matured in port or dinner wine casks. I've had some lately that were marvelous.

6e977fd908205e820fb3f36ad5487ab6.jpg

575d84f68331bca9971601d21403a521.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the "styles" are in development stage.

Maybe we will see them recognised in due course: rum, marsala, dry white, dry red, sweet white, port, dry sherry, etc.

• Like 1