2003 Cohiba Lancero

AbuAmelia

A buddy of mine picked up this box today of 2003 Cohiba Lancero. Unfortunately I didn't want to tell him anything either way. I know the box code is correct, but that's all I could really tell him. The bands look ok as well, put on half ass, but still ok. 2003 Was before before smoking CC days, so I need some help with this. My guess is they're good to go.

Thoughts?

5c44f471481ff4d4aee4722f4cecef91.jpg

21135393300eaf9d433fb4f81aff248b.jpg

4de97704ca3df11a3e9ed084c09bc0fa.jpg

ae4e9346c2917da0b968e15130984d21.jpg

cafca38fcc46648cfb1bdba9ddd5c334.jpg

f5b5eaf1c058ea8941c49d1e18f5072f.jpg

Did they come with the outer cardboard box then? If so then these shouldn't have the seal and Habanos sticker on the wood. The box would normally be embossed, the wood grain looks unusual ...there are quite a few aparrent anomalies to my eyes.

I've never seen / had one of these boxes from 2003 (or any year), so I don't know - if there should be a Cohiba brand on the lid / edges, or an outer cardboard box. The warranty seal and chevron seem OK - the D serial corresponds to 2003. But in reading I've done over the years, LOME was the El Laguito code for 2000, and it changed for 2001. That may not mean anything either.

Again, I really don't know, but will be interested to find out.

• Like 1

There is an old thread that has some listings of factory codes, it appears from that thread that LOME (LQME?) was the El Lag code, but from 2000, not 2003. 2003 should be CLE or MKO.

Edit: also, that sticker inside the top of the box looks like it was cut out with scissors, the border is not even all the way around (even on the same side).

• Like 1

Thanks Fred.

I have that post saved on my phone with all the box codes. Originally told told him MKO, than I scrolled up and saw that the 2000's had the 4 letter code, got a little confused. My original take on it was no bueno. Could that box code be legit from 03'? I don't know. Him smoking it will be his best bet.

f80d2c1c9b6ed06ba6f027f1187963f0.jpg

• Like 2

If they were Esplendidos, I would say fake 100%. Since they are Lanceros, I'd say 60% fake. Too many inconsistencies for me.

• Like 1

Isn't this the same kid who sent you Behique 53? lmao. Come on.

No, that guy on the 53's finally came to his senses after showing him 20 responses from people that said his box no bueno, but still will smoke them. Lol

The guy with this box is a friend on one of the FB Pages that were on.

No, that guy on the 53's finally came to his senses after showing him 20 responses from people that said his box no bueno, but still will smoke them. Lol

The guy with this box is a friend on one of the FB Cigar Pages that were on.

Could you recommend some interesting/trustworthy/friendly CC FB pages to join? Thanks!

May or may not be, leaning for not. Me, I'd pass....

• 2 weeks later...