Advice needed

Gamespin

Dear members, I am new to this forum and am very glad to have found it. I live in sydney Australia and have started purchasing cohiba ciglo 6 and partarga D4's from a man who says he is an importer. He sells them bubble wrapped without the box and his excuse is that they charge him more tax if they are in the box. The D4's taste differently even in the same pack of 25 bubble wrap and they are substantially cheaper than buying from a reputable seller.

Is there any chance that real cigars would be imported in plastic bubble wrap? The more I think about it, the more stupid I feel for believing his story. Also the ciglo 6 are slightly smaller than others I have seen when held next to them.

I appreciate your advice and guidance

If they are "Cohiba Ciglo 6" and "Partarga D4" then you have been had. However, if they are Cohiba Siglo VI and Partagas D4, you probably have still been had considering the way they have arrived.

Customs don't charge you more if they come in a box (unless they sneakily weigh the box and cigars together). Your guy is just bringing in cigars under the radar. Maybe they are Cuban, but probably not. Need to see pics for the experts (not me) to judge.

Oh, and welcome to the forum. Don't forget to post an intro in the newbie section... as it is considered impolite to ask Qs before an intro.

Not only do the labels look 'off' but consider the following:

1) A Partagas D4 is 124mm or 4.9 inches in length.

2) A RyJ Wide Churchill is 130mm or 5.1 inches in length.

Those cigars look slightly 'off' in length too.

Don't beat yourself up over it...live and learn as they say and just smoke them.

Live an learn... Buy a box from a reputable dealer and compare.. Cigar smoking is a long and fun learning experience...

I have only seen NC (non cuban) sold in bundles wrapped in celo/plastic wrap but even those have labels and seals

Tha so for all the advise guys, I've just placed an order with Rob on their website for a 10 cigar box of D4's and Wide Churchills. Hope to get them in a few days. I'm looking forward to doing business with a legitimate supplier once and for all

• Like 1