Gold Coast Restaurants

JackFNQ

Every 3 years or so we take the kids to Gold Coast. Will be headed there in May. Just wondering where are the best places to eat? Normally i take the wife to the Versace Buffet and there is a good ribs/steak place next to it in the marina arcade. Also like going to Yum Cha. We like trying different things. Any suggestions...

• 3 weeks later...

Had some orange roughy from a very good fish shop behind carpet world, Harbour Seafood Market,Olsen Ave. $9 extra per kg to cook and gst. Pretty good. Some live unshucked oysters from Tasmania as well.

Wife and I ate at a great restaurant there around 10 years ago. Forget the name but recall the Moreton Bay Bugs fondly!

Wife and I ate at a great restaurant there around 10 years ago. Forget the name but recall the Moreton Bay Bugs fondly!

They are the best. I had a friend from USA visit and he wanted Moreton Bay Bugs. I let him down as I didn't realise that they weren't easy to get in the USA. My bad. So common here.

Went to Ribs&Rumps on the marina last night. Got a 50%off prepay deal.

I'd recommend fillet steak with pork ribs and mash. Kids liked the sorbet.

Had a humble lunch outside movieworld entrance today on the picnic tables. Rolls with smoked salmon & cold smoked salmon and guacamole. Better and cheaper than the greasy rubbish inside. Can't do 5star all the time. But with byo cups, a 2lt choc milk and bundy sars not too shabby.