Monte PE problems..

I bought a box of Monte PE around spring last year, split the box with a friend. The box code was TUP, and it was from '14, and a highest of quality wrappers.

Here's my problem, it seemed like every cigar was underfilled, from the 10 I smoked so far, they all canoed..

would never buy the Monte PE again, just sticking with good ol no.2 ;)

Any one else have this problem?

Last one I smoked had a huge vein in it..

post-14832-0-85877100-1423113627_thumb.j

post-14832-0-37406100-1423113704_thumb.j

post-14832-0-96936400-1423113771_thumb.j

post-14832-0-92900200-1423113835_thumb.j

• Like 1

Over the years I think I have come across underfilling in pretty much every cigar of every marque at different points in time.

There was year where it was chronic across many. It has slipped my mind currently but it was 4-5 years ago (I think).

When I brought it up in Havana, I was told that there was a little scam going on in some of the factories where the rollers and the draw machine operators were in a little cartel resulting in a plethora of underfilled cigars getting through. It was stamped out.

Over the years I think I have come across underfilling in pretty much every cigar of every marque at different points in time.

There was year where it was chronic across many. It has slipped my mind currently but it was 4-5 years ago (I think).

When I brought it up in Havana, I was told that there was a little scam going on in some of the factories where the rollers and the draw machine operators were in a little cartel resulting in a plethora of underfilled cigars getting through. It was stamped out.

Interesting, thanks for the inside news :)

Under filling is my biggest complaint with ccs. First thing I do with new orders is to squeeze a sample (OK, pretty much every one) from foot to head to see how soft they are. I love firm, relatively heavy sticks. I wish the FOH grading system put more focus on that construction parameter and less on the darkness of the wrapper. I guess that is just not practical. Oh well, I still order only cigars recommended by our great host. --sam