Aging Cigars to Commemorate Birth of Son

As I said in my intro, I'm not all too familiar with cuban cigars and hope to learn a bunch here, but I'm even less familiar when i comes to long term aging. so in August, my wife gave birth to our first child, a son. I'd like to get a box of cigars to age, and share with him when he comes of age. I'm sure I'm not the first to do this and i wanted to lean on this community to help educate me on which vitolas and brands would age well over 18 years and still provide a great smoking experience along the way.

Thanks for your help.

Jon

What I did was get a box of 25 that was born the same month as him. I smoke one every year close to his birthday and on his 18 I hope to share one with him. So far three years in and I'm doing great with this plan :)

• Like 2

I often said that when I spawn I will try and buy a box of PSP Cohiba Esplindidos to lay down for the long haul.

Shoot rob an email and see if next time he's in the warehouse hemail can find you something he thinks will reward you over the long term

• Like 2

Congrats Jon!

You can't go wrong with aged Cohiba's.

Hopefully your son will like cigars! If not, you'll have a great box on your hands!

Agree. can't go wrong with Cohibas. A Box of Esplendidos would be nice. Another alternative would be a box of Sir Winnies....great cigar as well!

Do 2 things:

1- get a box of Cohiba Esplindidos (PSP) with a box code of his birth month and year (to smoke when he comes of age)

2- get a box of Cohiba Robustos (same conditions as the previously mentioned) for you to smoke on every birthday till he is 25

• Like 1

Do 2 things:

1- get a box of Cohiba Esplindidos (PSP) with a box code of his birth month and year (to smoke when he comes of age)

2- get a box of Cohiba Robustos (same conditions as the previously mentioned) for you to smoke on every birthday till he is 25

Good plan

I'd get Cohiba Lanceros over the Robustos though, but that's just me ;-)

• Like 1

Why just a box of 25? By the time he's ready to share a cigar with you (I'm assuming 18), there will only be a handful left. Go for a cab of 50 and share for years to come!

HdM DC

Partagas Lusi

PLPC

Punch Punch

SLR DC