world jr hockey championsip

I do enjoy these tournaments, but I always feel sorry (sorta) for the second tier teams. If you put money on Canada, USA, Russia, or Sweden to win gold, you'd probably be right. Last year was a bit of a surprise with Finland getting gold, Sweden getting silver, and Russia getting bronze - and Canada and USA getting nothing - but I don't think that's the norm at all. Germany, Denmark, and Slovakia are just there to be pylons for the bigger teams. Switzerland has the spark of a team who wants to be better... but they can just never quite pull it off.

I'm sure the North American ice this time around is causing some fits for the European teams (too damned bad for them), but I doubt the big or small ice would matter in the end. It's going to be one of the Big 4 winning gold.

Still fun to watch, though!

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

• Like 1

i am looking forward to New Years eve when its Canada vs USA but more importantly its Connor vs Jack as the 2 best prospect since Sid the kid

Will be a great game!!

Best time of year for Hockey. Win or loose for Canada, I watch every game.

Let's hope Gold for this year!

GO, USA! Woot!!!!!!

I just want to see a really awesomely played game. No shenanigans, no refs trying to steal the show... just a damn fine hockey game. That Team USA wins. Woot!!!

Cheers and here's to a good game!

Greg

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Yeah... Way to go Canada. I hope all of you Canadians are sending gift baskets to the refs for that 3rd goal. Well done.

Yeah... Way to go Canada. I hope all of you Canadians are sending gift baskets to the refs for that 3rd goal. Well done.

Gift baskets? Really? Goal camera had a perfect view of the fact that the puck went in off Lazar's mid-section and then his stick. The replays and review were extensive and the goal, although not pretty, was indeed a goal.

• Like 2

Oh, no doubt it went in - that's not what I was referring to. The interference was obvious and should have negated the goal. But, really, I suppose its possible the rules in IIHF hockey are different from NHL rules (which I watch far more regularly). That would never have been a goal in the NHL.

Either way, though, the US team's poor handling of the puck with the empty nets didn't help them at all. You can't very well expect to keep the puck out of your empty net when you carelessly hand the thing over to the guys in the other sweaters. The best player all game for the US was Demko. He was probably the last person they should have put on the bench in those last couple of minutes.