NFL...How is your team doing?

I'm a Baltimore Ravens fan. Starting with the Ray Rice suspension, this has been a difficult year. Numerous injuries, particularly in the secondary have hindered the team, but it had the benefit of playing a very easy schedule this year (NFC South and AFC South).

But the nadir has to have been last week's game at Houston. All the Ravens had to do was win that game and this week's against the Browns, and they made the playoffs. Instead, they **** the bed, and now have to win Sunday AND the Chargers have to lose to the Chiefs.

The fact is that this is not a good team, and it's record is the result of an easy schedule.

There is always next year, though !! biggrin.png

Buffalo Bills fan here :) We need a quaterback but I see good things happening with them. Great defense lots of weapons on offence.

Looking forward to next season......We say that every year :)

Nothing I would enjoy more than to see my Seattle seahawks take the crown away from the patriots except maybe, a rematch with Dallas to remind them of their 2014 place in the pecking order on the way!

Cheers to Texas and merry Christmas to all

Texans fan here. They still have an outside shot to get in the tournament but they will need some help. They've had a weaker schedule this year but I'm still surprised they are in playoff contention considering they've gotten almost zilch out of the quarterback spot and their top 4 picks of the 2014 draft class have combined to contribute a whole lot of nothing. If it weren't for J.J. Watt and Arian Foster, that team would be in a lot of trouble.

Give us poor fans in Seattle a break...we have no more basketball, we have no hockey, the Mariners have defined mediocrity for decades and it took the Seahawks 30 some years to wins it all. I don't think any true football fan can deny that the way the team is playing right now that our chances in the playoffs look pretty good. I can understand your sour grapes....being a Dallas fan must be pretty tough. ok.gif

Not a Dallas fan, even tougher yet Broncos fan and yes I endured the 80's. Probably why many Broncos fans are humble and don't talk a lot of trash. I will give you that Seattle did deserve the title last year. I was hoping Manning could get one more just as a big FU to the Colts organization for letting him go. In the NFC I would not mind seeing Dallas win just to shut up commentators and watch them switch their comments from "Leave it to the CB to F up a wet dream" attitude to "They are so good, I knew they could do it." as eyes roll at home. But, then we have Cowboys fans once again touting their addition to their trophy case. Meanwhile I would prefer the Cards simply because they have yet to win one. Never mind Seattles 30yrs (Both teams have been an easy prior to 04.) but Cards are so much older and have yet to win. I would prefer any of those NFC teams over the Patriots, Bengals or Steelers. With that said I think Seattle is looking really good again and the only AFC team at present to be able to take them down are the Patriots. Denver maybe if they can fix their problems and get their injuries healed by playoffs. With the Raiders game coming up they should be able to rest their starters, but I doubt Fox will do that.

Not a Dallas fan, even tougher yet Broncos fan and yes I endured the 80's. Probably why many Broncos fans are humble and don't talk a lot of trash. I will give you that Seattle did deserve the title last year. I was hoping Manning could get one more just as a big FU to the Colts organization for letting him go. In the NFC I would not mind seeing Dallas win just to shut up commentators and watch them switch their comments from "Leave it to the CB to F up a wet dream" attitude to "They are so good, I knew they could do it." as eyes roll at home. But, then we have Cowboys fans once again touting their addition to their trophy case. Meanwhile I would prefer the Cards simply because they have yet to win one. Never mind Seattles 30yrs (Both teams have been an easy prior to 04.) but Cards are so much older and have yet to win. I would prefer any of those NFC teams over the Patriots, Bengals or Steelers. With that said I think Seattle is looking really good again and the only AFC team at present to be able to take them down are the Patriots. Denver maybe if they can fix their problems and get their injuries healed by playoffs. With the Raiders game coming up they should be able to rest their starters, but I doubt Fox will do that.

I try not to talk "trash", but I feel good about our chances. I despise the fact the football pundits really have yet to recognize Seattle as a contender. I agree with you that the probable best match up for the supebowl would be the Pats and the Hawks. I think that would be a matchup of the two best teams. We shall see. I have no problem with Arizona, but they aren't going to have much of a chance with a 3rd or 4th string QB in there. I don't like Tony Romo...and I think the only reason that Dallas isn't 8 - 8 again, is Demarco Murray...I think he has really improved the team. But I still don't like Dallas.

The Seahawks are playing well now that they are over their locker room issues and getting rid of Percy Harvin. Defense has their swagger back and are performing like they did last year around this time. Offence is now more in sync as well. Hopefully a couple of their starters from their O Line will be back soon to make another run at winning the superbowl.

Lifelong Chargers fan here. We have suffered a LOT thru the years. I would love to see them make the playoffs again this year. But I don't think they are up to the level of the Patriots. It was fun to see them beat Seattle early in the season when they were still the "Superbowl Champs." smile.png

Any AFC team is going to have to go thru New England this year and THAT is a tall order in January.

ps - i know how much that loss galled dallas fans.

i'm hoping after this weekend, i'll have something else to mention 10 times.

A valiant effort my friend, but I'm happy I'll be hearing a little bit less from Redskin fans after this win.. Lol, I don't know if I i could've handled a 2-0 sweep to DC even after clinching the division.

Time to gear up for the playoffs.. I know you're hoping for the timely meltdown by my Cowboys, but somehow I think this year (hope this year) will be different. Getting outplayed will be one thing, but throwing a late INT to close it out and lose will hurt worse than another 8-8 year.. Truth be told.

At least we're in it..

Cheers Ken, there's always next season

A valiant effort my friend, but I'm happy I'll be hearing a little bit less from Redskin fans after this win.. Lol, I don't know if I i could've handled a 2-0 sweep to DC even after clinching the division.

Time to gear up for the playoffs.. I know you're hoping for the timely meltdown by my Cowboys, but somehow I think this year (hope this year) will be different. Getting outplayed will be one thing, but throwing a late INT to close it out and lose will hurt worse than another 8-8 year.. Truth be told.

At least we're in it..

Cheers Ken, there's always next season

sadly, that went about as well as you'd think.

what a truly awful performance by the skins - and as much as i hate to say it, well done by the cowgirls. no letting up or playing to avoid injuries. they have been so much better than i thought they'd be this year. we can always hope for that late season girl's disaster but i would not put money on it.

as for the skins, what a toilet. they need a monster clean out, starting with gruden. clueless. and so awful. so many inexplicable, ordinary decisions. seems to have no idea when to go for it on 4th down and when not to. why, with still a little time on the clock pre half time, even if you are well behind, do you not take a time out to force the punt and have at least one play? granted the odds of scoring (at least for us) were not high but why not try? that said to me that the coach had given up by half time.

he MUST go. then we might actually try and find a few players who can defend. and catch. and so much more. what a toilet.

at least i don't have to get up at 3am for another 9 months.

what a truly awful performance by the skins - and as much as i hate to say it, well done by the cowgirls. no letting up or playing to avoid injuries. they have been so much better than i thought they'd be this year. we can always hope for that late season girl's disaster but i would not put money on it.

as for the skins, what a toilet. they need a monster clean out, starting with gruden. clueless. and so awful. so many inexplicable, ordinary decisions. seems to have no idea when to go for it on 4th down and when not to. why, with still a little time on the clock pre half time, even if you are well behind, do you not take a time out to force the punt and have at least one play? granted the odds of scoring (at least for us) were not high but why not try? that said to me that the coach had given up by half time.

he MUST go. then we might actually try and find a few players who can defend. and catch. and so much more. what a toilet.

Is that what you did? I thought you would have just taped the games.. Then again, if it was me, I'd be up at 3am as well to watch.

They definitely need to make some changes, probably starting with the top.

Is that what you did? I thought you would have just taped the games.. Then again, if it was me, I'd be up at 3am as well to watch.

They definitely need to make some changes, probably starting with the top.

if they are a telivised game - we get the three "top" games on free to air - then if it is the early game, i could tape it, but that is rare and even then, i'd probably get up - it means putting everything on hold till about midday monday morning. otherwise, i watch on the computer (i don't have cable - watch way too much sport etc already and cable would be the temptation too far). i can hold off till the game is finished and then watch but it means avoiding everything so i don't know the score. easier to watch. but there are days...

Feel bad for you Ken. It's kind of hard to know where to start. They are years and many top draft picks away from being competitive. I saw Joe Gibbs sitting with Dan Snyder at the game yesterday, can't imagine what he was telling him. Maybe he's trying to convince Gibbs to come back for round 3.

Your comment about the time out is right on. I can't imagine why you wouldn't force a punt there. You have absolutely nothing to lose. It makes it look like you've given up, which he probably had. A coach gives up on his team and he's gone.

RGIII is a great athlete, but not a top tier NFL quarterback at this point. He has nothing to work with, and a porous offensive line, which doesn't help.

Slow rebuilding process, hope you're patient.

i've been a fan since the late 80's so been through the good and great and the truly ugly, like the last 20 years. but how much patience is needed?

yes, saw gibbs. i was praying he was telling dan that gruden is clueless and must go. seems no such luck.

that 'giving up' occurred in another recent game. it seems gruden just gets fed up and gives up. worst message ever for a team. he seems so out of his depth.

i will always feel that as i have never played the game, there are subtleties that i will never fully understand and ditto not growing up around the game, even if you don't play. but if i am sitting there picking up things, why the hell are these blokes on $5 mill a year? they should be cleaning toilets for a living (no disrespect to anyone doing that but you know what i mean - they are not qualified to coach 6 year olds).

can someone, preferably clueless jay, explain to me why amerson was on bryant. aside from the fact that he got burned/humiliated time after time, when breeland was on bryant last time, he shut him down almost completely. made the plays that won us the game.

so the custard-for-brains coaching team decide to use amerson and not breeland, on him this time. why? perhaps it was designed to surprise and confuse dallas. certainly surprised and confused most followers. lord spare me but even if you started that way, why the hell not swap when it is obviously a disaster?

and then we hear gruden tore into his defence at half time. same defence coaching team he just said can come back next year.

reports are that rg3 ignores what gruden tells him at training. who knows. but gruden's response is to bag rg3 in public. this mob are the ultimate hopeless water buffalos stuck in the mud.

patience i can live with. stupidity, not so much.

the sad thing is that it seems we are lining up for yet another year of this crap. bad enough gruden will be back but we have the QB disaster, a defensive coordinator that is totally horrible. no secondary. crap defence. crap drafting. crap management. an o-line that is a joke. special teams that are keystone cops.

job doesn't have the patience for this crap.

I understand your frustration, but it isn't all coaching. They just don't have the horses, either the key skill players or the line grunts. That goes higher than the coach.

sadly, all too true - "have the QB disaster, a defensive coordinator that is totally horrible. no secondary. crap defence. crap drafting. crap management. an o-line that is a joke. special teams that are keystone cops."

I am super thrilled the Steelers are back in the post season, and while the last game wasn't the prettiest to watch, the win was great.

I sure hope La Veon Bell isn't too hurt after that gnarly knee impact, as I'm not sure what the teams game would look like without him.

After watching the last game, I think we could sure use the defensive wisdom of Troy Polumalu this post season, but I haven't heard or read if he will be around for any playoff games. It would be pretty incredible to send him out on a high note with another ring to add to the collection!!

• Like 1