Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

Fosgate

I can't wait. Maybe it's Becuase I'm young but after seeing the all the newer Star Wars , I bought he older ones that I hadn't seen in many years and to be honest is semed very slow and the fight scenes that's I remembered were disappointing.

Especially when he is bringing back the original cast. There is supposed to be three of these. I just hope the Star Wars nerds don't run JJ off like Trek nerds did or like Lucas. Regardless, no matter how much the general population likes it there are going to be those who just hate JJ and will bash the film regardless how good it is because they embrace the 1970's version.

I don't believe I have EVER seen a movie of any sort without some fault(s)..

In saying this, provided they Abrams doesn't have a pesky character in it "As filler" such as jar jar Binks in it, I think it will be awesome. Look back at Episodes 1, 2, IMO they were the worst of the new with 3 being pretty cool and what's missing, Jar Jar taking a lesser appearance. Overall though, the scripting is what has always killed Star Wars, they need to remove Lucas from writing these scripts. I think Abrams will do a great job, I loved the Star Treks.

I've always loved Star Wars, I'm biased purely because I still remember the original trilogy at the drive-ins!! ok.gif

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to this. Hate that we have to wait a whole year for it though. The teaser looks good. ok.gif Even if this is bad, it can never be worse than the prequel trilogy.

Hard to be worse than the prequels.

Oh come on! Episode 3 was pretty damn good though!!!! It was dark when it needed to be dark, and quite well rounded in it's lead-in to A New Hope. Granted, it still had Jar Jar Binks in it, but overall, the movie itself was quite solild I would say.

• Like 1

Oh come on! Episode 3 was pretty damn good though!!!! It was dark when it needed to be dark, and quite well rounded in it's lead-in to A New Hope. Granted, it still had Jar Jar Binks in it, but overall, the movie itself was quite solild I would say.

I completely agree, Episode 3 was pretty damn good IMO

• Like 1

Star Wars: Episode VII Trailer - George Lucas' Special Edition

I can't view the SNl hulu clip above from where I live so it could be the same thing...

Agreed that Episode III was awesome. Growing up I had read all about the epic lightsaber duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan that ended in Anakin being left in a mess - I had always tried to visualize it, so I had a pretty biased idea of what it should look like. I was totally impressed. It absolutely lived up to my expectations.

I'm not sold on a JJ Abrams, though. I totally dig the new Star Trek films, but they're also somewhat alternative-story like. (I.e. Vulcan getting destroyed?) I'm also not a Star Trek fanboi, so it's easy enough for me to set these newer movies apart from the previous movies and TV shows. But I am a huge Star Wars nut:

tk421-vi.png

I'm a little concerned that Abrams will try to take everything in a new direction. As long as it has some sort of legit connection to Episode VI I can probably live with it... but I'm still a little uneasy about the idea. Star Wars movies are supposed to be campy with bad acting. That's part of their charm. If everything about this movie is super-polished, superbly written, with lots of Oscar-quality acting.. well... it simply won't be a Star Wars movie at all. And that would be lame.

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

• Like 2

I'm a little concerned that Abrams will try to take everything in a new direction. As long as it has some sort of legit connection to Episode VI I can probably live with it... but I'm still a little uneasy about the idea. Star Wars movies are supposed to be campy with bad acting. That's part of their charm. If everything about this movie is super-polished, superbly written, with lots of Oscar-quality acting.. well... it simply won't be a Star Wars movie at all. And that would be lame.

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

I agree in some regard, so long as the FEEL of the movie is that of a Satr Wars movie, I'll be most pleased.

If the scripting is changed, I have no compliants purely because Lucas is so s**t at writing IMO and thats what was partly which ruined Episodes I, II and III even though III was the best of the lot of Prequels.

I think Abrahms did very well for Star Trek, just ensure there are no Lens flares throughout these flicks! ;)

Love the plate!!!

• Like 1

Agreed that Episode III was awesome. Growing up I had read all about the epic lightsaber duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan that ended in Anakin being left in a mess - I had always tried to visualize it, so I had a pretty biased idea of what it should look like. I was totally impressed. It absolutely lived up to my expectations.

I'm not sold on a JJ Abrams, though. I totally dig the new Star Trek films, but they're also somewhat alternative-story like. (I.e. Vulcan getting destroyed?) I'm also not a Star Trek fanboi, so it's easy enough for me to set these newer movies apart from the previous movies and TV shows. But I am a huge Star Wars nut:

tk421-vi.png

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

I like where the James Bond movies have headed lately. I wasn't too keen on the Roger Moore era. So I'm hoping for some similar improvements in this Star Wars movie. Remember Luke, without change there would be no universe, let alone a force. Then again...what came first - the universe or the force. Either way, change is inevitable. Contemplate this on the ice planet of Hoth. Doh, he is too old to begin the training...