THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF FIVE ARMIES TRAILER

MIKA27

THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF FIVE ARMIES TRAILER

Well, here we go… it’s time for the last of Peter Jackson’s Hobbit films, and perhaps his last cinematic dealings with Middle-earth ever. Ahead of its Dec. 17 opening, Warner Bros., New Line and MGM have released the final trailer for The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, and it looks chock full of fantasy action.
The 2:33 clip features dwarves battling hideous orcs, sweeping shots of armies going to war, cities on fire, thousands of arrows flying across the air, and that trademark epic feel that Jackson’s flms have had, dating back to Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, which is now – damn – 13 years old. Ian McKellen is back as Gandalf, and in the trailer proclaims, “You have but one question to ask yourselves: How shall this day end?”

This series feels od for me. The prior trilogy left me like, yup, cant wait, looks bad ass. This one meh! not so much. It feels like he just stitched these together and said "Good enough to fit in with the world" and sent them out the door.

This cash grab is still going!?

I remember when the LOTR was first announced and I was beyond excited to see the world I fell in love with as a child come to life

Fast forward 10 years and I feel it went from a great example of the scale capable in films these days to a blatant cash grab with little to no soul left.

I hope Peter Jackson hangs up his Hobbits after this and goes back to making barely decent monster movies

• 2 months later...

I thought it sucked a big one!!!