Glenmorangie The Nectar D'or

MWH

Hey Guys

I was given a bottle of this a few years ago that was a special edition given to celler owners that promoted the brand.

I still have not opened it but contemplating opening it with a cigar to celebrate the birth of my daughter who is due to arrive to at the end of the month :)

Just wanted to know if anyone has had a drop or two of this stuff and what they thought?

Cheers

Matt

Nah Not that Pricey but this bottle came from a very exclusive Club cellar that is quite reputable in fact I can't afford to drink in the place :)

I have had it before. Very nice with a mild or medium cigar.

Afaik, it is not a limited or special edition, and not even all that pricey...

I can confirm that the Nectar D'Or is a regular production bottle. I also like it and have gone through 2-3 bottles over the last 4 years.

The Nectar D'Or is matured in Bourbon casks for 10 years and for the final 2 years

finished in casks that previously carried Sauternes (very late harvest sweet wine).

Although (as has been stated) it is a regular production,

the Bourbon - Sauternes combo is quite rare -

and albeit a bit sweet - delicious!

Cheers, Alex

Thanks Guys, You have all cleared it up on the fact it was a regular production bottle.

Not Knowing a lot about Whiskey, I took it as payment for some work I did. well you win some and lose some.

I am sure it will still taste pretty good :)

Had a bottle in Bali a few weeks back,and wow you wont be disappointed simply delicious.

Japanese whiskeys are also out of this world no wonder they are reaping in the rewards and awards

cheers enjoy

Steve

I really like it. And for a little bit extra, the extremely rare 18 is wonderful.

Smashed a full bottle one afternoon this past summer with a friend. Its double the price of the Nectar here, and not nearly as enjoyable imo. It was good, but not $150+ good...

Smashed a full bottle one afternoon this past summer with a friend. Its double the price of the Nectar here, and not nearly as enjoyable imo. It was good, but not $150+ good...

Wow, that's ridiculous. It's only $110AUD here. Definitely $20 better than the Nectar.

Yes. Nectar floats between $80 and $90AUD here.

Amazing what marketing can do. You guys know it's not 'extremely rare' right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have seen the 18 year old stuff at Dan Murphy's for all the Aussies reading this post. I don't think its rare here

Wow, that's ridiculous. It's only $110AUD here. Definitely $20 better than the Nectar.

Yes. Nectar floats between $80 and $90AUD here.

Amazing what marketing can do. You guys know it's not 'extremely rare' right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nectar is 90 here also, but the ER is 172.

Love this scotch. I had a booth for my coffee at the Scotch show here in Toronto one year and this super drunk Scottie in full kilt garb comes up to me and I tell him I love that one. Of course I prounounce Glenmorangie wrong and he corrects me.

Glen...m... Orange (like the fruit)... eee.

Achhh eye! OCH AYE shead.gifspotlight.gif

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Its def a sweeter single malt. Does not have any of the peaty moss smokey flavor of a lot of other single malts. I personally like to mix it in with soft drinks. It goes really well with a quality creme soda. Almost makes a liquid butterscotch type drink.