When a plug is just too hard to handle...

Lets muse this one for a minute ladies and gents...

In the 5 years of smoking cuban cigars, my handling of plugs has went through its own evolution:

When i first experienced plugs, i went trough the usual frustration and dissapointment.

However when i started buying boxes, after reading many of the experiences of fellow smokers i realised that getting the odd plug is just 'part of the game'

So i surely but quickly changed my perception, any time i got the blighted plugged cigar, i didnt dwell on it, i just said "eff it" threw the thing away and lit another.

So there i am on a glorious saturday afternoon, and im in Belfast city with my pregnant other half doing some minute shopping before the baby arrives, admittedly not my favourite hobby but after a few hours i was able to find solace in a lovely pub quite close to a shop my fiancee was going in to. I handed her my bank card and told her to get whatever she wants, while i relax amd have a pint to watch the world go by...

An hour or so passed my my fiancee returned with a lot of bags and a beaming grin on her face.

She handed me a small packet.

Little did i know she called in to very well known belfast tobacconist and picked me up a cohiba pyramides extra, she bought it to say thanks.

I was chuffed.

So here i sit in my shed in the garden enjoying a few pints of my homebrewed beer and i proceed to fire up the aformentioned cigar...

Nothing.

Not a puff.

Despite my previous approach to plugs i cannot hide my dissapointment....

What to do?

Ah well. Thats how it goes some times.

Thanks maplepie...

To say ive been busy lateley is an understatment!

Thanks for the thoughts, i should resume normal forum contribution when the child is born and things settlea bit.

In relation to previous posts about getting the cigar replaced...

A few of my irish mates will probably know the bfast retailer im taking about.

Getting a replacement is a no go.

Schlomo, your right, a pyramides extra is a big RG cigar to get a plug, but the thing was overfilled to the point of bursting. I hope the vendor didnt take advantage of my fiancees lack of knowledge and offload it to her. Anyway...

If this was foxes of dublin, (even though its unlikely to get a plugged stick from them) they would have undoubtedly replaced it.

Its a shame the north of ireland dosent have a repurable vendor...

Thanks for the input guys

been a while since you last said anything! beginning of August, innit? \

shame I couldn't've seen you in Belfast... :(

perhaps next year ^_^

You make it over here mate there's endless drink and cigars for you.

Sorry we couldn't make it happen in aug.

What techniques did you try to unplug it? Massage? Very fine drill bit? Fine gauge brass tube? As a last ditch effort, I start clipping (hoping the plug is near the end! :P )

Yeah bro it happens to the best of us.

Anything that detracts from my smoking pleasure just gets binned...

I'm to the point now I won't even light a stick if the draw is off.

I just reach for the next one that takes my fancy :)

Quintessential smoking experience is all that satisfies.

i keep telling you, just put them aside and save em up for me!!

after you've accumulated 5 or so, i'll trade you a bottle of maple syrup and pay for shipping.

I know some nice guys just getting into smoking who have young families so I always flick my rejects their way along with regularly hooking them up sticks at mates rates.

They obviously have more patience than me and will do anything to get a premo smoke in haha

• Like 1

A brother here sometime ago mentioned find a stem and removing it,I have had great luck with this technique. I usually pick at the cut end until I find it and then proceed to gently pull it out with a pair of needle nose pliers. Draw opens up and I'm back in business. Not the best thing to do when trying to relax, but hey saves an expensive smoke, and there is some satisfaction when it succeeds.

I know some nice guys just getting into smoking who have young families so I always flick my rejects their way along with regularly hooking them up sticks at mates rates.

They obviously have more patience than me and will do anything to get a premo smoke in haha

oh boy. Red Pill disguised as generosity. I like your methods! :ok:

oh boy. Red Pill disguised as generosity. I like your methods! :ok:

Nah they know THE RULE !

All rejects are not to be considered "bombs" freebees or generous in anyway...it's purely an opportunity for alternative disposal than the ashtray.

I regularly bomb out some pretty tasty care packages to the boys ;)

e9a9aqe9.jpg

• Like 3

If it's my own stock I try to lightly blow/suck on the end while the cap is uncut. Isn't always a 100% thing but it works. Wouldn't try that at the B&M as it would get some raised eyebrows.

If I cut it and on prelight the draw sucks I will set it aside in hopes it improves.

If it's lit and the draw sucks I toss it pretty quick and grab another.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk