After I smoked a Partagas Serie D No. 4 yesterday afternoon, I peeled off my shirt, put the chair back in a more relaxed position, and kicked back for nice little snooze in the warm, mid-afternoon sun.

Mistake...

I woke up a couple of hours later with my chest and stomach, which hadn't seen sun since a trip to the beach last August, glowing a brilliant red. I could barely sleep last night as the sheet felt like sandpaper against my blistered skin.

Today, my shirt feels like a thousand hot needles sticking into my flaming frontside as I sit here at work.

This isn't a very good day...

Did the aloe vera treatment last night and this morning. My wife has the cocoa butter ready for when I get home from work. Don't plan on doing much this evening...sit around and maybe smoke a cigar...with my shirt on and in the shade, of course.

Today has really sucked. I wore the softest/silkiest shirt I have and it still feels like sandpaper. However, I have been quite productive at work, something I really didn't expect when I rolled out of bed this morning.

Man, I am a complete dumbass for falling asleep with my shirt off...serves me right, I guess...

Get a few tomatoes cut in half and rub the juice over the sunburn. It's a little messy but takes the sting out...

We get the most vicious sunburn in the world in New Zealand, the benefits of no Oxone layer :)

I reckon I could almost toast the foot of a cigar after 20 mins at the beach here !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I get sunburned walking by a light bulb.

Aspirin. I repeat, aspirin.

I've heard that about the juice of a tomato. I've also heard putting mayonnaise on a sunburn will take the sting out.

I would rank this one as the third worse one I've ever had.

The worst was an entire day fishing on a boat, no shirt/no sunscreen...bad enough to go to the doctor. He said it was the worst he had seen in his career as a doctor. He gave some nice medication to get over the pain and some stuff to put on the burn. The second worst was on vacation at the beach a few years back and, yes, sunscreen had been applied liberally...spent most of my week in the hotel room.

Its really strange how sometimes I will get an awful burn. I'm not fair skinned, actually have some American Indian (Cherokee) from my mother's side of the family. I guess I'm just too stupid to learn to stay out of the sun...

While at work I always carried vitamin E capsules with me as I always got burns from the plastic-extruders when we had to clean them.Never got any blisters after that treatment.

While at work I always carried vitamin E capsules with me as I always got burns from the plastic-extruders when we had to clean them.Never got any blisters after that treatment.

I should have mentioned tha the caps need to be cut open and the oil is only applied.