is camping worth it?....Part II

Gawd! Despite being a (former) hard-core, solo backpacker, I hate sleeping on the cold hard ground anymore; but, make it a trip with the kiddos and it is a fabulous thing. My boys are considerably younger (6&7) and, whereas in previous years I had to do it all, this year my 7 year old pulled me out of the sack at 5:30 a.m. to go fish, promptly strung his rod, baited it and reeled in a spectacular bass in the first hour while I just kicked back with a cup of coffee and watched and coached (completely unnecessary). ok.gif

I take this as a sign that the boys will be able to support me in my old age, and in a manner to which I've become accustomed! tongue.png

It's so unbelievably fun to see how much they enjoy the discovery of it all. It's all I need to get me to pack up the family truckster one more time and venture out to boonies. I'm not sure how well I'm going to manage when they're old enough for serious backpacking rather than car camping, but I'm going to give it the old college try!

• Like 1

Good too see everyone had a great time.

My question is, did you leave anything behind this time? Young Tom is old enough to no longer bring his teddy with him, so.... do you have your mobile, wallet, watch.... outboard?.... tongue.png

My question is, did you leave anything behind this time? Young Tom is old enough to no longer bring his teddy with him, so.... do you have your mobile, wallet, watch.... outboard?.... tongue.png

All accounted for. Tom believes he lost an eyebrow as a result of one of my "petrol lightings" .....but his eyebrows needed a trim anyway.

Look's awesome and I agree, those memories will be with both you and them forever!

Camping can be so much fun when the weather is nice. I remember camping on PEI (Canada) and after three nights, I got the forecast for the next five days: unending rain... Insular weather can be blunt. I packed and started back home. Glad you had a nice trip!

Your Ben is sporting the FOH cap... Well done, Pres! ;D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk